Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Ranzera

Ranzera

I doubt it's possible in this game without putting in far more effort than it's worth and also creating a lot more overhead. Only chunks near the player are loaded, so if you start loading other chunks then there's a lot more the game engine has to do. It would be similar to hosting a game for 1 friend while the two of you are in separate areas. Plus there's the UL overhead on top of that.

As is, there's *some* stuff going on for electricity and workstations, but that's really the only thing that happens in unloaded chunks.

Delivery drones were pretty cool in concept and execution in Planet Crafter. Maybe check that out if you're itching for seeing something like that in action.

Ranzera

Ranzera

I doubt it's possible in this game without putting in far more effort than it's worth and also creating a lot more overhead. Only chunks near the player are loaded, so if you start loading other chunks then there's a lot more the game engine has to do. It would be similar to hosting a game for 1 friend while the two of you are in separate areas. Plus there's the UL overhead on top of that.

As is, there's *some* stuff going on for electricity, but that's really the only thing that happens in unloaded chunks.

Delivery drones were pretty cool in concept and execution in Planet Crafter. Maybe check that out if you're itching for seeing something like that in action.

Ranzera

Ranzera

As is, there's *some* stuff going on for electricity, but that's really the only thing that happens in unloaded chunks.

Delivery drones were a pretty cool in concept and execution in Planet Crafter. Maybe check that out if you're itching for seeing something like that in action.