Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
BFT2020

BFT2020

3 hours ago, Subquake said:

no, but that's an interesting suggestion, I'll have to think about that

Just a FYI, but something like this will likely add to the computing power required for the game.  With the high CPU requirement in vanilla already and your overhaul mod.....

Single player games might be okay, but start adding more people in the world via multiplayer......

Not trying to persuade you not to look into this / try it, but I recalled another game (I think it was Factorio) where this was requested and the developer explained that the game was already using a lot of processing power and this would overtax it and affect the gameplay.

This is one of those things that would be nice to have, but once you start deep diving into it, you might realize you just opened a whole can of worms.  Of course, I would be glad if you were to prove my worries wrong and successfully implement it  😏

BFT2020

BFT2020

3 hours ago, Subquake said:

no, but that's an interesting suggestion, I'll have to think about that

Just a FYI, but something like this will likely add to the computing power required for the game.  With the high CPU requirement in vanilla already and your overhaul mod.....

Single player games might be okay, but start adding more people in the world via multiplayer......

Not trying to persuade you not to look into this / try it, but I recalled another game (I think it was Factorio) were this was requested and the developer explained that the game was already using a lot of processing power and this would overtax it and affect the gameplay.

This is one of those things that would be nice to have, but once you start deep diving into it, you might realize you just opened a whole can of worms.  Of course, I would be glad if you were to prove my worries wrong and successfully implement it  😏