Fire in the hole!

Aroused

So after a lot of thought and a lot of trying to figure out different ways to blow up TNT, I thought up an idea that would probably by far be the best. Rather than actually hitting the TNT with a torch and committing suicide or simply shooting it with a gun, how about some fuses? Fuses? Yes fuses, ones you attach directly to the TNT or to many then lay them down to reach a safe distance where you can then light the fuse with a torch. Just imagine you have TNT hidden from view just 1 layer under the ground, fuses attached to them ready to be lit when a wandering horde comes your way, or another player is camping your base and he just so happens to be sitting in the wrong spot. I've even thought up a crafting recipe, 30 Cotton, 10 Gunpowder, 1 Grain Alcohol = 60 Fuses (Each just 1 block) "Yeah you'd really need that many considering you'll be using around 8 per TNT to be at a safe distance." Delay on each block of fuse could be .5 seconds each (500 milliseconds) Oh don't forget the stack limit of 500. ;) So you best count your fuses and time it right. Maybe toss in the possibility to have fuses light multiple fuses at once so you can branch it out and blow multiple TNT at once, or even have 1 TNT light a fuse leading to another TNT. Let me know what you all think.

[QUOTE=LeastConcern;133830]I like fuses. I also want to have pitch-filled ditches and flaming crossbow bolts ^^[/QUOTE] Fuses would give you more of a hidden offense than giving away your position by shooting a flaming arrow at a well exposed TNT or pitch-filled ditch. Though I could see how it might be abused. Adding in a decay rate onto the fuse before it's rendered useless would help prevent hundreds of TNT traps. Decay with time or by being walked over a few times. The flaming crossbow bolt idea sounds pimp though.

Archived