Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

6 hours ago, 4sheetzngeegles said:

Do you mean cluttered on the compass? Or do you mean on the main open map?    If it's on the compass, once you label a POI, if you click on the name it grays it out

so that it only appears on the compass when you track it. It also works for the red flag. Then you can open the map and see the label locations to revisit.

I think they mean in the main map.  There are a ton of POI in a town and trying to fit all those names will be hard.  Just look at the space a trader name or custom waypoint takes up in order to be large enough to read.  Now look at a densely populated tile, such a countryreaidential tile and you will quickly see how hard it would be to label all of that. 

However, it could be possible to have it be a tooltip that only appears if you mouseover something.  That wouldn't be cluttered.  I don't really think it is necessary, though.  Take time to explore. 😀

1 hour ago, Javabean867 said:

In this dream world it would be an option in its menu, if you didn't want it searching/breaking down stuff you would tell it to stop doing that.  I think it would need a new mod,  the multi-tool mod and off it goes, grabbing all the little @%$#.  Although that would steal your search xp you get for digging through all the trash.  That adds up.

I think that becomes too automatic.  You should need to do stuff yourself and not just let the game do it for you, imo.

Riamus

Riamus

6 hours ago, 4sheetzngeegles said:

Do you mean cluttered on the compass? Or do you mean on the main open map?    If it's on the compass, once you label a POI, if you click on the name it grays it out

so that it only appears on the compass when you track it. It also works for the red flag. Then you can open the map and see the label locations to revisit.

I think they mean in the main map.  There are a ton of POI in a town and trying to fit all those names will be hard.  Just look at the space a trader make it custom waypoint take up in order to be large enough to read.  Now look at a densely populated tile, such a countryreaidential and you will quickly see how hard it would be to label all of that. 

However, it could be possible to have it be a tooltip that only appears if you mouseover something.  That wouldn't be cluttered.  I don't really think it is necessary, though.  Take time to explore. 😀

51 minutes ago, Javabean867 said:

In this dream world it would be an option in its menu, if you didn't want it searching/breaking down stuff you would tell it to stop doing that.  I think it would need a new mod,  the multi-tool mod and off it goes, grabbing all the little @%$#.  Although that would steal your search xp you get for digging through all the trash.  That adds up.

I think that becomes too automatic.  You should need to do stuff yourself and not just let the game do it for you, imo.