Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Roland

Roland

1 hour ago, lord_ahriman said:

Difficulty is a major player because warrior and above zombies will hit harder and harder (I don't play below survivalist) that's why, imo, screamers should not be able to be spawned if a T5/T6 infested is active. Not to mention, I always go feral sense on all the time, so yeah, screamers are a problem in this case. As I mentioned, I couldn't care less about the increased spawn rate and you don't really need much to defend your base: 2/3 double rows of wood spikes is enough to kill radiated screamers, so not a big deal at all.

So like I said, the changes seem to work well at default settings. If it is only by turning up difficulty to the point that it becomes unmanageable then perhaps after such changes advanced players like yourself need to do a reset and reassessment on your difficulty settings. 

Why should TFP need to undo what they did if it works well at the normal settings of the game just so you can keep playing at the same alt settings you’ve chosen?

What if there are players who don’t find what you think is impossible to be impossible for them and they are enjoying the challenge?  Tuning it down to suit the limits of your skill would wreck the new level of challenge for them. Much easier is if you scale back to Warrior or turn off feral sense until you get used to the changes and work your way back up. 

Then again, this is a good argument for making an option slider for screamer sensitivity so players can tune the difficulty they want.

Roland

Roland

39 minutes ago, lord_ahriman said:

Difficulty is a major player because warrior and above zombies will hit harder and harder (I don't play below survivalist) that's why, imo, screamers should not be able to be spawned if a T5/T6 infested is active. Not to mention, I always go feral sense on all the time, so yeah, screamers are a problem in this case. As I mentioned, I couldn't care less about the increased spawn rate and you don't really need much to defend your base: 2/3 double rows of wood spikes is enough to kill radiated screamers, so not a big deal at all.

So like I said, the changes seem to work well at default settings. If it is only by turning up difficulty to the point that it becomes unmanageable then perhaps after such changes advanced players like yourself need to do a reset and reassessment on your difficulty settings. 

Why should TFP need to undo what they did if it works well at the normal settings of the game just so you can keep playing at the same alt settings you’ve chosen?

What if there are players who don’t find what you think is impossible to be impossible for them and they are enjoying the challenge?  Tuning it down to suit the limits of your skill would wreck the new level of challenge for them. Much easier is if you scale back to Warrior or turn off feral sense until you get used to the changes and work your way back up.