Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

6 hours ago, theFlu said:

A force field provides zero actual benefit over a moat, which still works fine. If I'm lazy, I cover my base entrance with a two-deep ditch, you can drive over it just as well as you could the force field, and it blocks zombie pathing just the same. But it was "important enough" to mess up the actual arrow slit function of the arrow slit block.

So the ditch works just like someone new to the game would expect it. Which means it is perfect in that regard at least. Also the zombies who fall down there will attack the walls and potentially create a path into the horde base or create a step that immediately works as a path out of the ditch (at least it should, I haven't tested it). At a minimum it means more repair work.

Now the arrow slit did not work at all like expected, that is why it is called a force field, right? It also is perfectly safe as the zombies can not ever attack any block there to finally make a path to you (if you are not at a lower height than them)

meganoth

meganoth

5 hours ago, theFlu said:

A force field provides zero actual benefit over a moat, which still works fine. If I'm lazy, I cover my base entrance with a two-deep ditch, you can drive over it just as well as you could the force field, and it blocks zombie pathing just the same. But it was "important enough" to mess up the actual arrow slit function of the arrow slit block.

So the ditch works just like someone new to the game would expect it. Which means it is perfect in that regard at least. Also the zombies who fall down there will attack the walls and potentially create a path into the horde base or create a step that immediately creates a path out of the ditch (at least it should, I haven't tested it). At a minimum it means more repair work.

Now the arrow slit did not work at all like expected, that is why it is called a force field, right? It also is perfectly safe as the zombies can not ever attack any block there to finally make a path to you (if you are not at a lower height than them)