Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
theFlu

theFlu

35 minutes ago, Roland said:

If your assumptions for motives were true

My assumptions for motives in this thread are from.. what was it "When players get creative, TFP likes to complain about or kill it", something along those lines. Players got creative and buried 3 feet deep; TFP went in and killed it. Perfectly valid example for the snarky comment. I don't see a point arguing digging further than that, especially as we mostly agree with the main bits about it.

You’re saying they gave zombies the ability to dig to stop players from building underground bases because they hated players doing that

No.

I still don’t understand this.

That seems to apply to the entirety of the post above that line. But this one I can hopefully open for you: with "dropper base" I referred to any and all base designs that cause the zombies to take a path that they can't follow, leading them into dropping down to an earlier position on the path, creating an eternal loop. This includes various designs, for example, in order of "exploitativeness"

- a sledge turret at a narrow path

- a jumping puzzle or tight corners where some of the zeds fail to land

- electric hatches/door set to open when walked on

- half-block "bridge" topped with a half block "wall" (zeds think they can walk through half blocks, while also thinking they can walk on half blocks. Both are true, but in combination with a wedge tip, they try, get displaced by the wedge tip and fail)

Okay but motive is a big part of this conversation.

The only source for "motives" in this discussion is a "like" in a snarky comment by someone other than me. You're reading a whole lot into it.

I never said TFP wasn’t reacting to player feedback. Of course they do.

It has been a theme in this discussion, so I included it into my prediction. If you don't care for it, I can remove it:

6 hours ago, Roland said:

What if some players loved the gameplay of juggling the zombies back and forth like it was possible to do in A17 and TFP had listened to them and never made changes so as to not be "anti-player"?

Some players would be happy, and some might complain the game is too easy? Did something change?

Was there a point to the question? Maybe a motive?

You’re contextualizing changes to the game as personal attacks by the devs against players and that is not true.

I am not. I am describing the steps that have lead some to see it that way; they're not wrong about the steps, and as outsiders I can't blame them for the interpretation (in some cases).

theFlu

theFlu

6 minutes ago, Roland said:

If your assumptions for motives were true

My assumptions for motives in this thread are from.. what was it "When players get creative, TFP likes to complain about or kill it", something along those lines. Players got creative and buried 3 feet deep; TFP went in and killed it. Perfectly valid example for the snarky comment. I don't see a point arguing digging further than that, especially as we mostly agree with the main bits about it.

10 minutes ago, Roland said:

You’re saying they gave zombies the ability to dig to stop players from building underground bases because they hated players doing that

No.

17 minutes ago, Roland said:

I still don’t understand this.

That seems to apply to the entirety of the post above that line. But this one I can hopefully open for you: with "dropper base" I referred to any and all base designs that cause the zombies to take a path that they can't follow, leading them into dropping down to an earlier position on the path, creating an eternal loop. This includes various designs, for example, in order of "exploitativeness"

- a sledge turret at a narrow path

- a jumping puzzle or tight corners where some of the zeds fail to land

- electric hatches/door set to open when walked on

- half-block "bridge" topped with a half block "wall" (zeds think they can walk through half blocks, while also thinking they can walk on half blocks. Both are true, but in combination with a wedge tip, they try, get displaced by the wedge tip and fail)

25 minutes ago, Roland said:

Okay but motive is a big part of this conversation.

The only source for "motives" in this discussion is a "like" in a snarky comment by someone other than me. You're reading a whole lot into it.

27 minutes ago, Roland said:

I never said TFP wasn’t reacting to player feedback. Of course they do.

I has been a theme in this discussion, so I included it into my prediction. If you don't care for it, I can remove it:

6 hours ago, Roland said:

What if some players loved the gameplay of juggling the zombies back and forth like it was possible to do in A17 and TFP had listened to them and never made changes so as to not be "anti-player"?

Some players would be happy, and some might complain the game is too easy? Did something change?

Was there a point to the question? Maybe a motive?

31 minutes ago, Roland said:

You’re contextualizing changes to the game as personal attacks by the devs against players and that is not true.

I am not. I am describing the steps that have lead some to see it that way; they're not wrong about the steps, and as outsiders I can't blame them for the interpretation (in some cases).