Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
8_Hussars

8_Hussars

3 hours ago, Mister Forgash said:

To the contrary, I think there was something kinda great about having to design a shelter where you would have to cover multiple areas because you couldn't trust -every last one of them- to do the same exact thing. .. I trust the unpredictability of dumb zombies unincorporated into the hivemind would spice up horde night significantly.

I don't disagree with more a more variable and wider range of zombie AI; but I find block mass and spike fields are just a different form of pathing exploit.  Maybe its nostalgia or the sunk cost fallacy of previous version game knowledge, that makes players look fondly on it.  YMMV

Skippy0330 just used a very simple four sided no upgraded block fully exposed base well into the Day 60s (with traps).  Its performance certainly exceeded my expectations and is reminiscent of the older style zombie AI approach to "dumb" zombies.

Creative and emergent game play still exists; the players just have to look harder... 

8_Hussars

8_Hussars

3 hours ago, Mister Forgash said:

To the contrary, I think there was something kinda great about having to design a shelter where you would have to cover multiple areas because you couldn't trust -every last one of them- to do the same exact thing. .. I trust the unpredictability of dumb zombies unincorporated into the hivemind would spice up horde night significantly.

I don't disagree with more variable and range of zombie AI; but I find block mass and spike fields are just a different form of pathing exploit.  Maybe its nostalgia or the sunk cost fallacy of previous version game knowledge, that makes players look fondly on it.  YMMV

Skippy0330 just used a very simple four sided no upgraded block exposed base well into the Day 60s (with traps).  Its performance certainly exceeded my expectations and is reminiscent of the older style zombie AI approach to "dumb" zombies.