Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

3 hours ago, Uncle Al said:

I'm really hopeful when bandits come in, zombies get stupid again, at least some of them do, but I'm not holding my breath. You're quite right when you say if there's only one model you know what they're going to do. Even if it was one AI model per zombie type, Moes just break nearest, Arlenes aim for weak spots, Spiders attempt to gain elevation and jump etc. it would add a hell of a lot of factors to consider to base design.

I disagree (if you meant something like the A16 AI), because I like the tower defense aspect. Like in typical tower defense games where the enemy is lead down a path and you add the right combination of traps to kill them before they reach the target. In 7d2d you are even designing the path itself, most tower defense games provide the path and only the position of the traps is your task.

But that would all be useless if the zombies just were attacking blindly from all sides, irrespective of any paths. Then the horde nights would just be a normal shooter game.

meganoth

meganoth

I'm really hopeful when bandits come in, zombies get stupid again, at least some of them do, but I'm not holding my breath. You're quite right when you say if there's only one model you know what they're going to do. Even if it was one AI model per zombie type, Moes just break nearest, Arlenes aim for weak spots, Spiders attempt to gain elevation and jump etc. it would add a hell of a lot of factors to consider to base design.

I disagree (if you meant something like A16 stupid), because I like the tower defense aspect. Like in typical tower defense games where the enemy is lead down a path and you add the right combination of traps to kill them before they reach the target. In 7d2d you are even designing the path itself, most tower defense games provide the path and only the position of the traps is your task.

But that would all be useless if the zombies just were attacking blindly from all sides, irrespective of any paths. Then the horde nights would just be a normal shooter game.

meganoth

meganoth

I disagree, because I like the tower defense aspect. Like in typical tower defense games where the enemy is lead down a path and you add the right combination of traps to kill them before they reach the target. In 7d2d you are even designing the path itself, most tower defense games provide the path and only the position of the traps is your task.