Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
warmer

warmer

8 hours ago, RipClaw said:

Cracking a safe with a stethoscope is a myth perpetuated by Hollywood movies. The Mythbusters tested it. There was so much background noise that they could barely hear anything

While I can agree it doesn't make a lot of sense, it makes MORE sense than a lock pick lol. There really shouldn't be any background noise like in myth busters. There are no machinery/electricity/fans/traffic so your background noise floor will be SUPER low. The people that are experts do it 100% on feel, but that ONLY works on a well lubricated lock or you would never be able to tell the difference.

Edit: Well look at that. Yes you can

https://youtu.be/ihVUdpdBhJU?si=i_9mrwnwQeD2sHVx

warmer

warmer

Cracking a safe with a stethoscope is a myth perpetuated by Hollywood movies. The Mythbusters tested it. There was so much background noise that they could barely hear anything

While I can agree it doesn't make a lot of sense, it makes MORE sense than a lock pick lol. There really shouldn't be any background noise like in myth busters. There are no machinery/electricity/fans/traffic so your background noise floor will be SUPER low. The people that are experts do it 100% on feel, but that ONLY works on a well lubricated lock or you would never be able to tell the difference.

warmer

warmer

While I can agree it doesn't make a lot of sense, it makes MORE sense than a lock pick lol. The people that are experts do it 100% on feel, but that ONLY works on a well lubricated lock or you would never be able to tell the difference.