Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
RipClaw

RipClaw

6 hours ago, theFlu said:

Not knowing much about CoD, but given every kill is globally also a death, the true avg should always be 1. I assume there's environmental deaths, or that's a median, not mean?

The KD ratio is simply the number of kills a player has achieved divided by the number of deaths he suffers. A KD ratio of 1.0 would mean that he kills other players just as often as he dies himself. A KD ratio of 0.8 means that you die more often than you kill other players. The average player kills 4 other players while dying 5 times.

I looked for the statistics. It looks like about 30% have a KD of 1.2 (6 kills / 5 deaths), 10% a KD of 1.5 (3 kills / 2 deaths) and only the top 1% players have a KD of 2 or more.

RipClaw

RipClaw

4 hours ago, theFlu said:

Not knowing much about CoD, but given every kill is globally also a death, the true avg should always be 1. I assume there's environmental deaths, or that's a median, not mean?

The KD ratio is simply the number of kills a player has achieved divided by the number of deaths he suffers. A KD ratio of 1.0 would mean that he kills other players just as often as he dies himself. A KD ratio of 0.8 means that you die more often than you kill other players. The average player kills 4 other players while dying 5 times.

RipClaw

RipClaw

4 hours ago, theFlu said:

The KD ratio is simply the number of kills a player has achieved divided by the number of deaths he suffers. A KD ratio of 1.0 would mean that he kills other players just as often as he dies himself. A KD ratio of 0.8 means that you die more often than you kill other players. The average players kills 4 other players while he dies 5 times himself.