Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
RipClaw

RipClaw

17 hours ago, Marty2Live said:

What is Google Authenticator?

In short it is a one time password generator. A cryptographic seed is used to generate one-time codes at intervals of about 30 seconds. These are based on the current time.

17 hours ago, Marty2Live said:

Why Google?

The Google Authenticator is just one of the more common known apps. Personally I use Free OTP Generator. Bitwarden Authenticator is my backup app just in case. It doesn't matter which one you use since they are all using the same standard.

A lot of password manager for the desktop like Bitwarden or Keepass also support one time password generation.

RipClaw

RipClaw

16 hours ago, Marty2Live said:

What is Google Authenticator?

In short it is a one time password generator. A cryptographic seed is used to generate one-time codes at intervals of about 30 seconds. These are based on the current time.

16 hours ago, Marty2Live said:

Why Google?

The Google Authenticator is just one of the more common known apps. Personally I use Free OTP Generator. Bitwarden Authenticator is my backup app just in case. I doesn't matter which one you use since they are all using the same standard.

A lot of password manager for the desktop like Bitwarden or Keepass also support one time password generation.