Map generator options

Peter Daines

Hello guys,

What I would really really welcome would be an option to create a map as one large town/city in a middle of a wasteland mixed with burnt forrest turning the rest of the biomes off completely. Just one big town of horror with only one trader next to that city.

(In earlier versions, I was once able to generate such a map, it was a large wasteland town. I tried it again with 1.0V but its not working any longer or at least I wasn't lucky maybe).

Any ideas how I could do that anyway?

Thank you. 

6 hours ago, Peter Daines said:

Hello guys,

What I would really really welcome would be an option to create a map as one large town/city in a middle of a wasteland mixed with burnt forrest turning the rest of the biomes off completely. Just one big town of horror with only one trader next to that city.

(In earlier versions, I was once able to generate such a map, it was a large wasteland town. I tried it again with 1.0V but its not working any longer or at least I wasn't lucky maybe).

Any ideas how I could do that anyway?

Thank you. 

Unfortunately, they have decided to force people to play with a certain type of map progression and their towns can only be in a single biome and not cross into other biomes, so in order to have all the biome percentages they want, you aren't going to have much luck with that using RWG.  There is also now a "bug" in 1.0+ that makes a mega city especially problematic, even if you make it without using RWG.  The new initial buried treasure quest you get when you first go to a trader will never be given to you unless that trader is next to wilderness, which means you can't get any other quests either.  At least, not until you find a trader that is next to wilderness.  And with a mega city taking up the whole map, there isn't much wilderness.  Of course, they did move all traders back to gateway tiles again instead of letting them be inside districts like they were in A21 for some reason, and those are on the edges of towns, so it might not be impossible if you follow that, but it means not having traders in the middle of a mega city and not starting in the middle of a mega city if you want to quest.