Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
BFT2020

BFT2020

Making the perk level affects easier to read

2 hours ago, Abnormal Zombie said:

According to the wiki, each skill point invested increased odds by 200% for related items. Tier 0 is 100%, Tier 1 is 300%, 500%, 700%, 900%, then finally 1100% at tier 5. So in your example, and if the wiki is correct, it would actually be adding two marbles to the bag, not one. This would make a difference of 11 marbles for one magazine compared to 1 of other varieties, if any.

Percentages is not really a good measure of probability in this game.  At the baseline, each magazine starts at 1 in terms of probability.  To determine the probability of finding said magazine, you add all of the probability in the loot group together and divide it by that magazine's total probability.  So at baseline, you would have 1/23 probability of finding that specific magazine - 4.23%

Then lets say I perk into knives once.  Now my knives change is 3 and my total is 25 so 3/25 becomes a 12% chance of finding the magazine and a 4% of finding the others.

Next I spend perk points into agility more to get knives to the next level (level 3 agility).  Now my total changes again but differently.  Knives is now 5 but armor is now 3.  My total is 29 (23 base + 4 more for knives and 2 more for armor).  So knives I have around 17% chance of finding the knife magazine, a 10% chance of finding an armor magazine, and a 3.4% chance one of the other magazines. 

However, you are not going to keep seeing this significant boost as you continue to go upwards - next you perk up Knives again so now knives are 7 but armor is 5 (2 additional levels in agility).  Your total is now 33 (23 base plus 6 more for knives and 4 more for armor).  Knives you are 7/34 (20%) and armor is 14.7%.  The other magazines are at 2.9%.

Skipping the next perk and just maxing it out - knives is now at 11 and armor is also at 11.  Your total is 43 (23 base + 10 for armor + 10 for knives).  So knives is 11/43 is 25.5% and armor is 25.5%.  The other magazines are at 2.3 %

If you simply just maxed out one perk, that perk will end up affecting the pulls by a lot to two magazines (since armor is tied to the attributes).  However, say you distribute your points like I do when I play.  Before I even start distributing points into attributes for an agility build, I put a point into the base perks that I want to help me with my game - so miner 69r, master chef, living off the land, bows, knives, handguns, advanced engineering, and lockpicking.  In this case, my odds are now distributive over 7 crafting magazines.

And these only apply to loot groups that pull from all the magazines.  If you were to loot a working stiffs crate, then the odds of getting either of the armor or knife magazines is 0% with the bonuses.

Destroyed crafting stations have a great chance of pulling a forged ahead book, regardless of your perk choices, while cabinets have a great chance of pulling cooking magazines.

BFT2020

BFT2020

1 hour ago, Abnormal Zombie said:

According to the wiki, each skill point invested increased odds by 200% for related items. Tier 0 is 100%, Tier 1 is 300%, 500%, 700%, 900%, then finally 1100% at tier 5. So in your example, and if the wiki is correct, it would actually be adding two marbles to the bag, not one. This would make a difference of 11 marbles for one magazine compared to 1 of other varieties, if any.

Percentages is not really a good measure of probability in this game.  At the baseline, each magazine starts at 1 in terms of probability.  To determine the probability of finding said magazine, you add all of the probability in the loot group together and divide it by that magazine's total probability.  So at baseline, you would have 1/23 probability of finding that specific magazine - 4.23%

Then lets say I perk into knives once.  Now my knives change is 3 and my total is 25 so 3/25 becomes a 12% chance of finding the magazine and a 4% of finding the others.  Next I spend perk points into agility more to get knives to the next level (level 3 agility).  Now my total changes again but differently.  Knives is now 5 but armor is now 3.  My total is 29 (23 base + 4 more for knives and 2 more for armor).  So knives I have around 17% chance of finding the knife magazine, a 10% chance of finding an armor magazine, and a 3.4% chance one of the other magazines.  However, you are not going to keep seeing this significant boost as you continue to go upwards - next you perk up Knives again so now knives are 7 but armor is 5 (2 additional levels in agility).  Your total is now 33 (23 base plus 6 more for knives and 4 more for armor).  Knives you are 7/34 (20%) and armor is 14.7%.  The other magazines are at 2.9%.  Skipping the next perk and just maxing it out - knives is now at 11 and armor is also at 11.  Your total is 43 (23 base + 10 for armor + 10 for knives).  So knives is 11/43 is 25.5% and armor is 25.5%.  The other magazines are at 2.3 %

If you simply just maxed out one perk, that perk will end up affecting the pulls by a lot to two magazines (since armor is tied to the attributes).  However, say you distribute your points like I do when I play.  Before I even start distributing points into attributes for an agility build, I put a point into the base perks that I want to help me with my game - so miner 69r, master chef, living off the land, bows, knives, handguns, advanced engineering, and lockpicking.  In this case, my odds are now distributive over 7 crafting magazines.

And these only apply to loot groups that pull from all the magazines.  If you were to loot a working stiffs crate, then the odds of getting either of the armor or knife magazines is 0% with the bonuses.

Destroyed crafting stations have a great chance of pulling a forged ahead book, regardless of your perk choices, while cabinets have a great chance of pulling cooking magazines.