Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

2 hours ago, GuardianReaper0 said:

Dude, their posted roadmap is from 2013… it’s 2024. I’m pretty sure there have been some priority changes in the past 11 years, and with console players having to buy the game again as of recently, they have a lot of the funding they need to push into further advancements.

if they have released another roadmap since then, then it just further proves my point, as not everything on the original one is completed. Why? Because direction and priorities tend to change.

You are not looking at the current roadmap.  The roadmap was posted in February 2024.  The text version is in the very first post of the 1.0 Dev Diary thread, where it tells you about 1.0.  There's also an image of it that has been posted various places.  Here's one copy that I quickly found, though not the original post.  The original roadmap states that not everything will be done before gold.  The current roadmap includes the final steps until gold.  After gold, there may be some more things added to finish out the kickstarter goals, as well as some DLC, but they will start to focus most of their attention on their new game that is already in development (or at least the design stage).  They haven't yet told us what that game will be, but will likely do so after this game hits gold in under 2 years.

Note that there is a real difference between a roadmap made at the beginning of dev versus the end of dev.  At the beginning, yes, things will change for various reasons, such as wanting to do something but it just doesn't work or doesn't work the way they thought it would.  But at the end of dev, they are tying up all the loose ends to finish the game.  The roadmap is VERY unlikely to change in any meaningful way, other than dates.

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/35064-version-10-alpha-22-dev-diary/?do=findComment&comment=552215

Riamus

Riamus

2 hours ago, GuardianReaper0 said:

Dude, their posted roadmap is from 2013… it’s 2024. I’m pretty sure there have been some priority changes in the past 11 years, and with console players having to buy the game again as of recently, they have a lot of the funding they need to push into further advancements.

if they have released another roadmap since then, then it just further proves my point, as not everything on the original one is completed. Why? Because direction and priorities tend to change.

You are not looking at the current roadmap.  The roadmap was posted in February 2024.  The text version is in the very first post of the 1.0 Dev Diary thread, where it tells you about 1.0.  There's also an image of it that has been posted various places.  Here's one copy that I quickly found, though not the original post.  The original roadmap states that not everything will be done before gold.  The current roadmap includes the final steps until gold.  After gold, there may be some more things added to finish out the kickstarter goals, as well as some DLC, but they will start to focus most of their attention on their new game that is already in development (or at least the design stage).  They haven't yet told us what that game will be, but will likely do so after this game hits gold in under 2 years.

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/35064-version-10-alpha-22-dev-diary/?do=findComment&comment=552215

Riamus

Riamus

1 hour ago, GuardianReaper0 said:

You are not looking at the current roadmap.  The roadmap was posted in February 2024.  The text version is in the very first post of the 1.0 Dev Diary thread, where it tells you about 1.0.  There's also an image of it that has been posted various places.  Here's one copy that I quickly found, though not the original post.  The original roadmap states that not everything will be done before gold.