Future thoughts

oXo_Mobster_oXo

So forgive me for the long post, it may be a waste of time as I'm not sure how many people check this but I wanted to share some thoughts on improvements specifically based around decor and interior. 

For some background, I've started playing 7 days on ps4 with a friend about 4 or 5 years ago. Started out as just a casual session with a friend I hadn't talked to in a while and has slowly evolved into just shy of an addiction. I have probably 4k hours into the game, both on ps4, and pc and have 372 hrs on the ps5 version. I have streamed it, played solo, and played on a server with about 10 people and I have loved every minute of it.

Now to the things I don't understand. I typically build a horde arena and a base seperate, the base is usually some type of house and the horde arena is a fortified building to deal with hordes. What I find I want the most after all this time is that the decor options always seem to come up a bit short. I like to build up my loot, then craft and decorate my home base to be as nice as possible, and while I like the options for appliances and stuff to make a bathroom, I find that everything now is run down, I for years have wanted to build the nice wall oven in the old console version and now we have one and all the options are rusted and weathered looking, I understand that many people prolly enjoy the look of the apocalyptic feel and run down look but I always build homes that look like they should be in a magazine and the options provided look like gas station bathroom sinks and apartment slumlord dish washers. I would love to see Clean looking matching appliances, things like towels for the bathroom, more curtains, different cabinet options including ones with different doors, desks that look nice, and many more paint options and textures, specifically ones that are nice, smooth and nice. Not everyone wants ugly rusted thinks. I feel like there's 2 types of builders, people who don't build at all for look and pile storage crates, and work stations and they're happy, and others who want more. There's also no options for street signs, I know that you can access them by using creative for some things but I would like to see these as a craft able item. I want to earn it, the grind is fun and I enjoy making a nice place home outside of the apocalyptic doom and gloom. We can't even craft regular doors for the interior, the beverage cooler is gone, gold faucets gone, and I can't figure out why you would remove so many things from decor and add others that are not so easy on the eyes. I understand you can never think of everything and I know that you can't please everyone, I just hope that you'll consider some of these things. Please don't take this as I'm not happy with all the amazing building options, the decor you have added like a shower head and the stove fan vent. The game has come so far, and I hope to see this buildlt out extensively before the final game. I know people want story and I'm sure I'm not the first to request more paint, but just wanted to give you some feedback on what I would like to see personally. Thanks for taking the time to read this all.

Mobster

I also forgot to include streets signs that can be labeled, a fish tank would be awesome. I know there is an aquarium in creative but I want to craft one, and the fish tank, I would like to make dynamic. I also build a lot of store fronts, so making the cases available with the weapons, the boxes used for infested crates, which I'm not sure if you'd have to remake them since they dissapear when all the loot is removed, a better topsoil variant that looks like a professionally landscaped lawn or a paint option that looks like it, untracked sidewalks (paint) white marble (paint), regular latex paint options like white so I can stop painting my ceilings fabric blind white, craftable stop signs, neon signs, and the option to paint the background of the labeled signs or change the text color so that it's more visible as the grain in the wood signs blends with the black letters, a fireplace, both modern and old-school either using a log pile or rocks with moving flames, couches that aren't ripped, a fountain (statue/outdoor), nice textured bar stools and glass liquor bottle decor as I like to make bars, glass shelves, modern stackable washer and dryer, craftable soda machines (Both the outdoor and fast food variant) and pretty much every block that already exists in the game to have a craftable recipe, whether their store variant blocks or whatever, just being able to code it in to craft most things would be amazing. I know that's a lot but for people who build like I do, it would be incredible.

I had to give up trying to read your suggestions as they are just a long paragraph without an easy way to find them without reading the entire post.  That, and you basically just stuff a ton of stuff into single sentences.  It just makes it hard to read.

A couple things I did see...

Paints are something they say they cannot increase the number if because of resources.  However, they removed a bunch, so there is hope they will add replacements soon.  There is a paint mod that adds a lot, though I haven't yet tried it. 

For street signs, it would be interesting to see more variety.  That isn't much work to just add more street sign parts that randomly get placed, though you will still have duplication unless they want to make some kind of randomization for the text, which I don't really think it's worth the time necessary to do it.