Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

1 hour ago, GuardianReaper0 said:

(Mods are a good option for PC, However…)

I’d like to again voice that base game would need the update, so that console players would be able to utilize it, as we don’t have mod support. 

That said, I was thinking about how it would handle rendering multiple views. Perhaps a limit of 4 viewable at one time on a tv screen.

As for possibly a computer screen to control turrets, that would only render one at a time.

Mods are always going to be mentioned in the PC section of this forum, especially if someone does not say they are on console and so telling them about available mods is actually useful to them if they are on PC.  ;)  And the reason I mentioned those is that people who are interested can take a look at them and they can also see to what extent it impacts performance.  I can just about guarantee linking multiple cameras to TVs on console will kill performance, but it would depend on whether or not they could optimize it enough.

You can already control turrets from a screen... you just have to be standing at the turret.  If there was an option to link that to a monitor, that might be interesting.  But in the end, you'll always be better off using your own weapon instead.  The turrets will function far faster and more accurately than you will.  :D

Riamus

Riamus

1 hour ago, GuardianReaper0 said:

(Mods are a good option for PC, However…)

I’d like to again voice that base game would need the update, so that console players would be able to utilize it, as we don’t have mod support. 

That said, I was thinking about how it would handle rendering multiple views. Perhaps a limit of 4 viewable at one time on a tv screen.

As for possibly a computer screen to control turrets, that would only render one at a time.

Mods are always going to be mentioned in the PC section of this forum.  ;)  And the reason I mentioned those is that people who are interested can take a look at them and they can also see to what extent it impacts performance.  I can just about guarantee linking multiple cameras to TVs on console will kill performance, but it would depend on whether or not they could optimize it enough.

You can already control turrets from a screen... you just have to be standing at the turret.  If there was an option to link that to a monitor, that might be interesting.  But in the end, you'll always be better off using your own weapon instead.  The turrets will function far faster and more accurately than you will.  :D