Tag style PvPvE game mode

NAKEDnick

I recently saw the news for 7 Days Blood Moons and needless to say, my friends and I are stoked.  Mainly because we have been talking about “versus 1” gameplay mechanics.

Recently I pitched the idea to them that we do something in the vein of Tag, where one player is the Human Hunter, and the rest are regular survivors.  The Hunter Tries to eliminate the survivors, and everyone still has to be mindful of the undead. When the hunter kills a survivor, they of course loot the corpse if they can and move on.

The magic happens when a survivor kills the hunter. When the hunter is killed, they will respawn in a random location as a survivor with the load out of the one that killed them. The survivor is teleported to a random location on the map and is outfitted with their previous hunter loadout (or default if they have not yet been a hunter.  Hunters do not drop their load out on death as it remains preserved for their next round, though the one that kills them should be immediately awarded on spawn with a loot drop.  Basically you’ll play the game with two distinct profiles, one for survivor, and one for hunter.  This will allow players to also outfit skills differently depending on what they are spawning as.  The hunters should also accumulate experience faster and typically be at least a little bit higher level than the lowest survivor, just to ensure they remain a threat.

To make it more interesting, the friends and allies functionality would be turned off, and there should be no way to see other players specific location on the map or hud. Instead, the map will be updated with “general location” of survivors to help them find each other. Proximity voice will really enhance the gameplay as well.

If I knew how to mod games, I’d have done it already. Here’s hoping Blood Moons makes this gameplay dynamic interesting to others as well.

17 minutes ago, NAKEDnick said:

I recently saw the news for 7 Days Blood Moons and needless to say, my friends and I are stoked.  Mainly because we have been talking about “versus 1” gameplay mechanics.

Recently I pitched the idea to them that we do something in the vein of Tag, where one player is the Human Hunter, and the rest are regular survivors.  The Hunter Tries to eliminate the survivors, and everyone still has to be mindful of the undead. When the hunter kills a survivor, they of course loot the corpse if they can and move on.

The magic happens when a survivor kills the hunter. When the hunter is killed, they will respawn in a random location as a survivor with the load out of the one that killed them. The survivor is teleported to a random location on the map and is outfitted with their previous hunter loadout (or default if they have not yet been a hunter.  Hunters do not drop their load out on death as it remains preserved for their next round, though the one that kills them should be immediately awarded on spawn with a loot drop.  Basically you’ll play the game with two distinct profiles, one for survivor, and one for hunter.  This will allow players to also outfit skills differently depending on what they are spawning as.  The hunters should also accumulate experience faster and typically be at least a little bit higher level than the lowest survivor, just to ensure they remain a threat.

To make it more interesting, the friends and allies functionality would be turned off, and there should be no way to see other players specific location on the map or hud. Instead, the map will be updated with “general location” of survivors to help them find each other. Proximity voice will really enhance the gameplay as well.

If I knew how to mod games, I’d have done it already. Here’s hoping Blood Moons makes this gameplay dynamic interesting to others as well.

I can't tell... Are you making a suggestion for Bloodmoons or 7D2D?

Posted (edited)

7D2D specifically. I want the overall gameplay to remain the same, but to have single player running as a human hunter.

Some additional thoughts, the hunter could be afflicted by the radiation. As such they are a tad faster and stronger than the survivors, and they do not suffer from inventory encumbrance (all slots unlocked).  They can also harvest meat, bone, and fat from a slain survivor as they are a bit cannibalistic.

But due to this, they are ostracized from humanity, meaning they can never enter into a trader location, nor can they kill a survivor that is in the confines of a trader.

Edited by NAKEDnick (see edit history)

1 hour ago, NAKEDnick said:

7D2D specifically. I want the overall gameplay to remain the same, but to have single player running as a human hunter.

Some additional thoughts, the hunter could be afflicted by the radiation. As such they are a tad faster and stronger than the survivors, and they do not suffer from inventory encumbrance (all slots unlocked).  They can also harvest meat, bone, and fat from a slain survivor as they are a bit cannibalistic.

But due to this, they are ostracized from humanity, meaning they can never enter into a trader location, nor can they kill a survivor that is in the confines of a trader.

Sounds like something to suggest for a mod rather than vanilla.  It would require a lot of changes or additions that I can't see them making this late in development.