Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

2 hours ago, Suxar said:

That's what you think. But I think that if the forge is running to do something, it should turn off after production. If I started it purely for smelting, then after smelting is finished.

This gets complicated because if you start smelting but then add a craft job, you don't want to stop it in the middle of the craft job because the smelting was finished. This could be solved with prioritising crafting, but explaining the operation of a forge in one little journal page in simple words, not really possible anymore

2 hours ago, Suxar said:

Everyone has their own vision of the logic of work. And no matter which option the developers choose, there will be dissatisfied people.

Doesn't matter, because any change gets dissatisfied people. And I can't imagine the dissatisfaction being huge because it will still be a usability improvement.

2 hours ago, Suxar said:

Therefore, the option of choosing the required amount from the stack is more interesting and universal. I can quickly count firewood and ingredients for crafting and use them for many other things.

But also more click-work, while the other solution is automatic. And it needs UI changes which is a lot more work for the developers than a simple logic to turn off the forge when empty.

meganoth

meganoth

2 hours ago, Suxar said:

That's what you think. But I think that if the forge is running to do something, it should turn off after production. If I started it purely for smelting, then after smelting is finished.

This gets complicated because if you start smelting but then add a craft job, you don't want to stop it in the middle of the craft job because the smelting was finished. This could be solved with prioritising crafting, but explaining the operation of a forge in one little journal page in simple words, not really possible anymore

2 hours ago, Suxar said:

Everyone has their own vision of the logic of work. And no matter which option the developers choose, there will be dissatisfied people.

Doesn't matter, because any change gets dissatisfied people. And I can't imagine the dissatisfaction being huge because it will still be a usage improvement.

2 hours ago, Suxar said:

Therefore, the option of choosing the required amount from the stack is more interesting and universal. I can quickly count firewood and ingredients for crafting and use them for many other things.

But also more click-work, while the other solution is automatic. And it needs UI changes which is a lot more work for the developers than a simple logic to turn off the forge when empty.

meganoth

meganoth

2 hours ago, Suxar said:

This gets complicated because if you start smelting but then add a craft job, you don't want to stop it in the middle of the craft job because the smelting was finished

2 hours ago, Suxar said:

Doesn't matter, because any change gets dissatisfied people. And I can't imagine the dissatisfaction being huge because it will still be a usage improvement.

2 hours ago, Suxar said: