Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

4 hours ago, GuardianReaper0 said:

The variety comes from what you get as “reward”. You can very well choose one of the items they are trying to give you, or you can take the extra dukes and buy what you want with them as your “reward”. 

One of my buddies and I started fresh again (he is new and wanted to experience start and mid game, and I wanted to experience a random gen map).

Water is rough when getting started. I built the few collectors and explained we needed the mods to make them better, but they cost a fair bit at the trader. As he noted, “why isn’t that one of the rewards”? 
If we could choose extra dukes, rather than items we need half as bad, we would be able to get those without doing so many missions and relying so heavily on that part of play. They would essentially BE the rewards at that point.

Dukes are already a possible reward, at least at certain tiers (not sure which ones as I've never cared to look).  I only ever choose that option if nothing else is worth it because dukes are rarely worth it.  Rewards are random from among the possible rewards.  None are guaranteed and I see no reason that dukes should be guaranteed either.  You will already earn dukes from completing the quest, so a guaranteed option for more dukes isn't necessary.

Dukes are easy to get.  If you're struggling, add in Daring Adventurer so you earn more from quests.  No need to have dukes always be an option.  It isn't "variety" if a specific reward is always available.  That is the opposite of variety.  Variety is having different rewards each time, which is what we have.  Getting dukes every time so you can buy anything you want isn't variety.

As far as dew collectors, you can usually get by fine with 1 per person unless you're crafting a ton with glue, once you have the mods installed.  That makes those mods quite powerful.  They shouldn't be cheap or freely given as rewards.  Altogether, it's under 10k for all 3 for one dew collector.  I can usually buy all 3 before or about the time I finish tier 1 quests.  That's fast enough and easy enough.  And you don't even need them.  If you want to save the money, just build more dew collectors and boil the water.

Just play the game, loot, do quests, mine, etc.  You'll get what you need quickly enough.  You shouldn't have everything in the first week.

As a side note, if you always get the 5000 dukes option as a reward, that's almost always more than the cost of buying any of the other rewards, so why would you take the other rewards instead of just taking the dukes and buying them (if they are available)?  That would defeat the purpose of having other rewards.  So, once again, you lose the "variety" that we already have.

Riamus

Riamus

4 hours ago, GuardianReaper0 said:

The variety comes from what you get as “reward”. You can very well choose one of the items they are trying to give you, or you can take the extra dukes and buy what you want with them as your “reward”. 

One of my buddies and I started fresh again (he is new and wanted to experience start and mid game, and I wanted to experience a random gen map).

Water is rough when getting started. I built the few collectors and explained we needed the mods to make them better, but they cost a fair bit at the trader. As he noted, “why isn’t that one of the rewards”? 
If we could choose extra dukes, rather than items we need half as bad, we would be able to get those without doing so many missions and relying so heavily on that part of play. They would essentially BE the rewards at that point.

Dukes are already a possible reward, at least at certain tiers (not sure which ones as I've never cared to look).  I only ever choose that option if nothing else is worth it because dukes are rarely worth it.  Rewards are random from among the possible rewards.  None are guaranteed and I see no reason that dukes should be guaranteed either.  You will already earn dukes from completing the quest, so a guaranteed option for more dukes isn't necessary.

Dukes are easy to get.  If you're struggling, add in Daring Adventurer so you earn more from quests.  No need to have dukes always be an option.  It isn't "variety" if a specific reward is always available.  That is the opposite of variety.  Variety is having different rewards each time, which is what we have.  Getting dukes every time so you can buy anything you want isn't variety.

As far as dew collectors, you can usually get by fine with 1 per person unless you're crafting a ton with glue, once you have the mods installed.  That makes those mods quite powerful.  They shouldn't be cheap or freely given as rewards.  Altogether, it's under 10k for all 3 for one dew collector.  I can usually buy all 3 before or about the time I finish tier 1 quests.  That's fast enough and easy enough.  And you don't even need them.  If you want to save the money, just build more dew collectors and boil the water.

Just play the game, loot, do quests, mine, etc.  You'll get what you need quickly enough.  You shouldn't have everything in the first week.