Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

6 hours ago, GuardianReaper0 said:

Following your logic, there is absolutely no point of using the forums. That they already know exactly what they are going to do, how they are going to do it, and aren’t going to take into account anything we suggest.

I would hope that is NOT the case, and given some of the things they have implemented, I would say these devs actually listen to players.

No, following my logic there is a point, but at this late stage of development an idea must be exceptionally good AND new(!), or actually solve a problem some way they haven't thought of to make an impact. Water irrigation, apple trees and improved workstations have not only been suggested in the years before but even implemented in mods already. So I would think they would have done that already if they had seen the need.

The game itself only has so much in it. Play through, max out, restart. Not much to it unless you enjoy getting creative with building or doing roleplay. 
Now, I’ve heard they intend to add some kind of story in, and I hope that is true, but until then, there is only the creative and RP elements.

So, if players are stuck doing the same exact thing with every play through without variance, then they are likely going to lose playerbase fairly rapidly. 

With the suggestions that I am making here (and other posts) enables players to have more of that needed variance in their games. You may not be able to envision it right away, but given enough time I think you would.

What you suggested is for example irrigation. I have played a mod with irrigation. It had the obvious rule of farm block must be less than x blocks away form the water to work. Now that was really trivial to achieve by adding canals every few blocks and putting water in there. The optimal or at least sufficient solution is obvious and banal. In other words, just more trivial work that would have to be done every game the same to get the better farming results. Yes, I don't see the variance or fun in that.

CURRENTLY, farming is a pretty cut and dry aspect of the game. Farms are generally either built in a meta underground way or as large mega farms separate from the main base. 

Actually they once had it that zombies that walked over plants actually destroyed them. THAT was a slightly more interesting way for farming as you actually had to protect the farm. But they removed it.

They have talked quite a bit about adding in animal farming/ husbandry

Thats news to me. Maybe years ago, but at least since A15 when I started reading the forum I haven't noticed any interest from TFP into animal husbandry.

and it’s something that is asked for a fair bit from what I’ve seen. Despite the fact that there are perks for animal tracking, increased yield, and even the “hunter” books that make it more efficient. Why? Because it adds more to the game. 

I see new improvements and implementations for crop and fruit farming as no different than that. Especially when it’s things that make sense.

Well, if TFP shares your opinion, we will see it in 7d2d eventually.

meganoth

meganoth

Following your logic, there is absolutely no point of using the forums. That they already know exactly what they are going to do, how they are going to do it, and aren’t going to take into account anything we suggest.

I would hope that is NOT the case, and given some of the things they have implemented, I would say these devs actually listen to players.

No, following my logic there is a point, but at this late stage of development an idea must be exceptionally good AND new(!), or actually solve a problem some way they haven't thought of to make an impact. Water irrigation, apple trees and improved workstations have not only been suggested in the years before but even implemented in mods already. So I would think they would have done that already if they had seen the need.

The game itself only has so much in it. Play through, max out, restart. Not much to it unless you enjoy getting creative with building or doing roleplay. 
Now, I’ve heard they intend to add some kind of story in, and I hope that is true, but until then, there is only the creative and RP elements.

So, if players are stuck doing the same exact thing with every play through without variance, then they are likely going to lose playerbase fairly rapidly. 

With the suggestions that I am making here (and other posts) enables players to have more of that needed variance in their games. You may not be able to envision it right away, but given enough time I think you would.

What you suggested is for example irrigation. I have played a mod with irrigation. It had the obvious rule of farm block must be less than x blocks away form the water to work. Now that was really trivial to implement by adding canals every few blocks and putting water in there. The optimal or at least sufficient solution is obvious and banal. In other words, just more trivial work that would have to be done every game the same to get the better farming results. Yes, I don't see the variance or fun in that.

CURRENTLY, farming is a pretty cut and dry aspect of the game. Farms are generally either built in a meta underground way or as large mega farms separate from the main base. 

Actually they once had it that zombies that walked over plants actually destroyed them. THAT was a slightly more interesting way for farming as you actually had to protect the farm. But they removed it.

They have talked quite a bit about adding in animal farming/ husbandry

Thats news to me. Maybe years ago, but at least since A15 when I started reading the forum I haven't noticed any interest from TFP into animal husbandry.

and it’s something that is asked for a fair bit from what I’ve seen. Despite the fact that there are perks for animal tracking, increased yield, and even the “hunter” books that make it more efficient. Why? Because it adds more to the game. 

I see new improvements and implementations for crop and fruit farming as no different than that. Especially when it’s things that make sense.

Well, if TFP shares your opinion, we will see it in 7d2d eventually.