Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
RipClaw

RipClaw

3 hours ago, theFlu said:

Driven away for good because ... they'd have to wait another year? To buy a new version of the game, essentially a new game. I don't see it, tbh. Then again, I've never understood the console mindset anyway, why buy a restricted PC ... maybe I just don't get it :)

I would argue it would be more like 2 years. Q4 2025 for Gold can mean anything from early October to late December. I don't have a console myself but I guess the reasons are either ease of use or cost savings.

3 hours ago, Roland said:

Either way you just have to wait.

I meant this in contrast to the scenario in which a manufacturer sells features as DLCs and you have to pay extra money for the new features. We get the features for free, which I think is a big bonus.

RipClaw

RipClaw

22 minutes ago, theFlu said:

Driven away for good because ... they'd have to wait another year? To buy a new version of the game, essentially a new game. I don't see it, tbh. Then again, I've never understood the console mindset anyway, why buy a restricted PC ... maybe I just don't get it :)

I would be more like 2 years. Q4 2025 for Gold can mean anything from early October to late December. I don't have a console myself but I guess the reasons are either ease of use or cost savings.

30 minutes ago, Roland said:

Either way you just have to wait.

I meant this in contrast to the scenario in which a manufacturer sells features as DLCs and you have to pay extra money for the new features. We get the features for free, which I think is a big bonus.