Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Syphon583

Syphon583

17 hours ago, BetterWet said:

I figured pink was definitely bad something. Luckily it was designed as just an outcropping off the structure for shooting lines of sight down. Lost maybe 6 blocks and fences. Can you explain what's more supports from the ground mean? Metal truss? I havent built with it yet.

I direct you to Guns Nerds and Steel. He does great 7DTD content on YouTube and there is a section in this video that goes over the basics of structural stability. The mains points are this:

• A single column of blocks that goes directly to the ground will in most cases have what's called bedrock support. (The only caveat is if there is a hollow portion under the ground, like a mine that you've dug or underground POI). You can build vertically as high as you want. Stability will remain constant on that column.
  • Blocks placed horizontally off these columns rely on the block they are attached to, and the material of that block will determine how much weight (i.e. the number of blocks) that that block can support horizontally. Each type (frame, wood, cobble, concrete, and steel) have increasing levels of stability support.
  • When upgrading, be sure to start on the block that is part of the bedrock column. For example, if you have two wood frame columns that are 8 meters apart with a row of blocks suspended between them, upgrading from the center of the "bridge" will likely collapse the structure. Start from the columns!

Syphon583

Syphon583

16 hours ago, BetterWet said:

I figured pink was definitely bad something. Luckily it was designed as just an outcropping off the structure for shooting lines of sight down. Lost maybe 6 blocks and fences. Can you explain what's more supports from the ground mean? Metal truss? I havent built with it yet.

I direct you to Guns Nerds and Steel. He does great 7DTD content on YouTube and there is a section in this video that goes over the basics of structural stability. The mains points are this:

• A single column of blocks that goes directly to the ground will in most cases have what's called bedrock support. (The only caveat is if there is a hollow portion under the ground, like a mine that you've dug or underground POI). You can build vertically as high as you want. Stability will remain constant on that column.
  • Blocks placed horizontally off these columns rely on the type of the block they are attached to. Each type (frame, wood, cobble, concrete, and steel) each have increasing levels of stability support (meaning they can hold more weight, i.e., the number of blocks, horizontally)
  • When upgrading, be sure to start on the block that is part of the bedrock column. For example, if you have two wood frame columns that are 8 meters apart with a row of blocks suspended between them, upgrading from the center of the "bridge" will likely collapse the structure. Start from the columns!