Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
TWORDY

TWORDY

farm plots

On 8/16/2024 at 1:53 PM, meganoth said:

It seems a lot of console players have no problems with FPS. and others have massive problems. I would have thought with the uniform platform that should not happen, but it does. One possible explanation:

There are lots of blocks in 7D2D, some of them are easy to draw and others very expensive to draw (a lot of vertices). In most other games the level designers carefully design each area so that it never exceeds the capabilities of the machine. In 7D2D though you have RWG placing random POIs and also players placing all kinds of blocks.

Long story short, always expect FPS drops in city centers with high rise buildings and don't make it worse by putting your horde base there. And most importantly, don't grow a forest of trees (one example of a very expensive block) in viewing range of your horde base. Better also put farm plots and dew collectors far away. Also good lighting sadly kills FPS. Better use headlights on horde night instead of using flood lights everwhere.

I would also recommend limited light sources like torches, candles, light bulbs, lamps etc. Also digging a mine underneath the main base or Blood Moon structure adds to drops in FPS. The best Blood Moon Base is in the desolate area for higher FPS. Plus, players should restart their servers every 24 hours if they keep on running the game permanently. Such steps could spare a lot of headaches.

Also, on the devs side, every structure and object in the game should rather have at least 3-4 levels of mesh grid/polygons depending on the distance from the player`s position/vision, this could boost performance significantly. 

Few izi steps to kill FPS:

- move to the centre of the biggest possible town,

- place the main base close to Blood Moon base or build all-in wonder WWII bunker with 5+ stores/levels,

- place 14+ spinning blades all around,

- set 120+ spikes all around,

- place 14+ light sources,

- place 6+ automatic turrets,

- dig tunnels underneath the main base,

- plant 40 trees nearby,

- mine the fields with electric fences, 

- set max spawnable zeds during the blood moon,

- invite 3+ plus mates for the blood moon,

Ohh I forgot about hanging gardens with 40+ farm plots...

35 frames in progress... remind me if I forgot about something

then proceed with an official complaint about frame times and input/output lag on the official 7DTD forum...

!!!congratulations!!!

TWORDY

TWORDY

On 8/16/2024 at 1:53 PM, meganoth said:

It seems a lot of console players have no problems with FPS. and others have massive problems. I would have thought with the uniform platform that should not happen, but it does. One possible explanation:

There are lots of blocks in 7D2D, some of them are easy to draw and others very expensive to draw (a lot of vertices). In most other games the level designers carefully design each area so that it never exceeds the capabilities of the machine. In 7D2D though you have RWG placing random POIs and also players placing all kinds of blocks.

Long story short, always expect FPS drops in city centers with high rise buildings and don't make it worse by putting your horde base there. And most importantly, don't grow a forest of trees (one example of a very expensive block) in viewing range of your horde base. Better also put farm plots and dew collectors far away. Also good lighting sadly kills FPS. Better use headlights on horde night instead of using flood lights everwhere.

I would also recommend limited light sources like torches, candles, light bulbs, lamps etc. Also digging a mine underneath the main base or Blood Moon structure adds to drops in FPS. The best Blood Moon Base is in the desolate area for higher FPS. Plus, players should restart their servers every 24 hours if they keep on running the game permanently. Such steps could spare a lot of headaches.

Also, on the devs side, every structure and object in the game should rather have at least 3-4 levels of mesh grid/polygons depending on the distance from the player`s position/vision, this could boost performance significantly. 

Few izi steps to kill FPS:

- move to the centre of the biggest possible town,

- place the main base close to Blood Moon base or build all-in wonder WWII bunker with 5+ stores/levels,

- place 14+ spinning blades all around,

- set 120+ spikes all around,

- place 14+ light sources,

- place 6+ automatic turrets,

- dig tunnels underneath the main base,

- plant 40 trees nearby,

- mine the fields with electric fences, 

- set max spawnable zeds during the blood moon,

- invite 3+ plus mates for the blood moon,

35 frames in progress... remind me if I forgot about something

then proceed with an official complaint about frame times and input/output lag on the official 7DTD forum...

!!!congratulations!!!