Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Syphon583

Syphon583

Hmm, this is fairly simple. If it's free, I'll download it. Otherwise I'm not touching it. Same with every other game out there. And that's not going to change my opinion of the game because I couldn't give two Fs about extra outfits. It's likely cosmetic, and even if it isn't, I still don't care.

Editing to say that, in general, I have no issue with developers who charge money for DLCs. That's their choice and if gamers find value in the content, more power to them if that's what they want to spend money on. Developers spent resources to make the content and deserve to benefit from that work. The only caveat I have is that the DLC should not be paid if it is part of base/promised gameplay features (in that case, it shouldn't be labeled as DLC at all). As far as I'm concerned, "outfits" are not a core gameplay feature of 7DTD and they already have stated that a new "wardrobe" system is coming in a future update that I don't believe was labeled as DLC.

This is not nearly as big of a deal as you're making it out to be.

Syphon583

Syphon583

Hmm, this is fairly simple. If it's free, I'll download it. Otherwise I'm not touching it. Same with every other game out there. And that's not going to change my opinion of the game because I couldn't give two Fs about extra outfits. It's likely cosmetic, and even if it isn't, I still don't care.

Editing to say that, in general, I have no issue with developers who charge money for DLCs. That's their choice and if gamers find value in the content, more power to them if that's what they want to spend money on. Developers spent resources to make the content and deserve to benefit from that work. The only caveat I have is that the DLC should not be paid if it is part of base/promised gameplay features. As far as I'm concerned, "outfits" are not a core gameplay feature of 7DTD and they already have stated that a new "wardrobe" system is coming in a future update that I don't believe was labeled as DLC.

Syphon583

Syphon583