Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
SylenThunder

SylenThunder

5 hours ago, Jugginator said:

but there's no harm in trying a custom page file.

Unless something in Unity has changed, setting a custom pagefile has a tendency to crash the client. Why? I dunno. You can set it to something crazy too like 32GB, and Unity will end up with an error checking for 8GB address space and crash the client.  I will admit that I haven't seen that issue in a while, but most players don't even know what the pagefile is also.  I guarantee this was an issue in at least Alpha 20. On Windows it basically has to be left at "system managed" or Unity will have problems.
Also note that this issue is mostly on Windows.  On Linux you just need to make sure Swap is 8GB or it will crash the server. Which is a little silly since the default for swap is 2GB.

SylenThunder

SylenThunder

5 hours ago, Jugginator said:

but there's no harm in trying a custom page file.

Unless something in Unity has changed, setting a custom pagefile has a tendency to crash the client. Why? I dunno. You can set it to something crazy too like 32GB, and Unity will end up with an error checking for 8GB address space and crash the client.  I will admit that I haven't seen that issue in a while, but most players don't even know what the pagefile is also.  I guarantee this was an issue in at least Alpha 20. 
Also note that this issue is mostly on Windows.  On Linux you just need to make sure Swap is 8GB or it will crash the server. Which is a little silly since the default for swap is 2GB.