Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Ragsy 2145

Ragsy 2145

9 hours ago, MathiasAdemar said:

ok so two things:

1: im an idiot and didnt realize the mod was in a nested folder in the zip file, so me extracting it as normal only pulled the vehicle-madness-main folder, not the one inside that has the actual mod stuff. so no vehicles spawned for me and im already a decent bit in, so no new worlds.

2: this is more of a question with an assumed answer, but im guessing since the above happened, im kinda S.O.L. on on the hole mod, or can i still craft the ones i want? im ok if thats the case and the repairables dont exist. speaking of the repairables, will they spawn in if i have chunk resets turned on? id assume not, but figured id double check.

1.  Gitlab does not nest the files and it is a 'windows zip' program behaviour which is a bit annoying but I am glad you figured that out.

2.  I would not recommend Installing Vehicle Madness after you start a new world save as strange things may happen further into your gameplay session that not i can not forsee . In practice it may work if your initial world generation had the 'chunk reset' option enabled but again I do not recommend this at all or support it as you may find weird things happening.

Testing :

I tested this with a brand world save with 'chunk reset' enabled from the very start of the game at 10 days.   I ran up game without Vehicle Madness installed initially and then came out of the game a few 'game hours' later and then added Vehicle Madness to the game it started up with no errors.  

After i had spent a few hours in the vanilla world I had created I moved from the from 'forest' to 'burnt' area then you do then see the VM vehicle blocks appearing in that burnt zone including in my testing I found a 'Repairable Brown Jeep'  block made the restoration tool and it was spawned into the game OK.  I could see all the craftable vehicles and make them in the VM Workbench as well.

Blocks seemed lootable and salvageable giving VM specific parts as well,  after game world day 10  then moved back to the initial area i had in the forest and VM vehicle blocks appeared in that area all be it about 400 blocks away from my initial base .

Again I will state that it appeared to work fine  but you may later in the game find weird things happening so carry on at your own risk .

Regards

Ragsy!!.

Ragsy 2145

Ragsy 2145

ok so two things:

1: im an idiot and didnt realize the mod was in a nested folder in the zip file, so me extracting it as normal only pulled the vehicle-madness-main folder, not the one inside that has the actual mod stuff. so no vehicles spawned for me and im already a decent bit in, so no new worlds.

2: this is more of a question with an assumed answer, but im guessing since the above happened, im kinda S.O.L. on on the hole mod, or can i still craft the ones i want? im ok if thats the case and the repairables dont exist. speaking of the repairables, will they spawn in if i have chunk resets turned on? id assume not, but figured id double check.

1.  Gitlab does not nest the files and it is a 'windows zip' program behaviour which is a bit annoying but I am glad you figured that out.

2.  I would not recommend Installing Vehicle Madness after you start a new world save as strange things may happen further into your gameplay session that not i can not forsee . In practice it may work if your initial world generation had the 'chunk reset' option enabled but again I do not recommend this at all or support it as you may find weird things happening.

Testing :

I tested this with a brand world save with 'chunk reset' enabled from the very start of the game at 10 days.   I ran up game without Vehicle Madness installed initially and then came out of the game a few 'game hours' later and then added Vehicle Madness to the game it started up with no errors.  

After i had spent a few hours in the vanilla world I had created I moved from the from 'forest' to 'burnt' area then you do then see the VM vehicle blocks appearing in that burnt zone including in my testing I found a 'Repairable Brown Jeep'  block made the restoration tool and it was spawned into the game OK.

Blocks seemed lootable and salvageable giving VM specific parts as well,  after game world day 10  then moved back to the initial area i had in the forest and VM vehicle blocks appeared in that area all be it about 400 blocks away from my initial base .

Again I will state that it appeared to work fine  but you may later in the game find weird things happening so carry on at your own risk .

Regards

Ragsy!!.

Ragsy 2145

Ragsy 2145

ok so two things:

1.  Gitlab do not nest the files it is a 'windows zip' program behaviour which is annoying but I am glad you figured that out.

Testing :

After i had spent a few hours in the vanilla world I had created I moved from the from 'forest' to 'burnt' area then you do then see the VM vehicle blocks appearing in that burnt zone including in my testing I found a 'Repairable Brown Jeep'  block made the restoration tool and it was spawned into the game OK.

Regards

Ragsy!!.

Ragsy 2145

Ragsy 2145

7 hours ago, MathiasAdemar said:

ok so two things:

1.  Gitlab do not nest the files it is a 'windows zip' program behaviour which is annoying but I am glad you figured that out.

Testing :

I tested this with a brand world save with 'chunk reset' enabled from the very start of the game at 10 days.   I ran up game without Vehicle Madness installed initially and then came out of the game a few game hours later and then added Vehicle Madness to the game it started up with no errors.  

Regards

Ragsy!!.