Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

1 hour ago, Adam the Waster said:

Exactly give them different uses ages 

Perception had Grenades and explosives... that go boom

Strenght would have throwing spears that have armor piercing

Fortitude has tomahawk. A quick melee weapon and great for throwing that great at chopping limps

Agility has throwing knifes. Quick very, cheap, and have bonus stealth damage 

Intellect has stuff stuff. Tier one is a Bola, tier 2 is a flashbang and tier 3 is a shock grenade 

Except spears are perception.  Having throwing spears as something else doesn't make sense.

1 hour ago, Cr0wst0rm said:

That again could have been very easily fixed, by using reload binding to switch to throwing mode (and have third animation holding the spear in the air)
Instead of implementing something interesting, they chose the easy way out. Again.

Also I miss the point of having power attacks on spear, it's not only weird but it's not even meant to be used that way, it usually is used in relation with hunting animals. This completely defeats its purpose as a long range weapon. I can use any other melee item in same way.

So a spear can't be used both for stabbing (jabs) and thrusting?  Two different actions, where the thrust action is what they are using as a power attack.  Stabbing should be faster than thrusting attacks.  I don't really know if it is as I've never looked at it that closely.

You also have range with a spear that you don't with most other melee weapons and have more ability to attack through openings.  If other weapons were the same, I wouldn't be solely a spear user for melee.

You feel like it would be interesting to throw your main weapon, and I know others feel the same way.  But I really had no use for that mechanic and was very happy to see it removed.  Even though I used spears before the change, I always felt they were weak compared to other weapons, offering only reach.  Now they are on par with other weapons, and as a spear user, I am happy about that.

Riamus

Riamus

1 hour ago, Adam the Waster said:

Exactly give them different uses ages 

Perception had Grenades and explosives... that go boom

Strenght would have throwing spears that have armor piercing

Fortitude has tomahawk. A quick melee weapon and great for throwing that great at chopping limps

Agility has throwing knifes. Quick very, cheap, and have bonus stealth damage 

Intellect has stuff stuff. Tier one is a Bola, tier 2 is a flashbang and tier 3 is a shock grenade 

Except spears are perception.  Having throwing spears as something else doesn't make sense.

58 minutes ago, Cr0wst0rm said:

That again could have been very easily fixed, by using reload binding to switch to throwing mode (and have third animation holding the spear in the air)
Instead of implementing something interesting, they chose the easy way out. Again.

Also I miss the point of having power attacks on spear, it's not only weird but it's not even meant to be used that way, it usually is used in relation with hunting animals. This completely defeats its purpose as a long range weapon. I can use any other melee item in same way.

So a spear can't be used both for stabbing (jabs) and thrusting?  Two different actions, where the thrust action is what they are using as a power attack.  Stabbing should be faster than thrusting attacks.  I don't really know if it is as I've never really looked at it that closely.

You also have range with a spear that you don't with most other melee weapons and have more ability to attack through openings.  If other weapons were the same, I wouldn't be solely a spear user for melee.

You feel like it would be interesting to throw your main weapon, and I know others feel the same way.  But I really had no use for that mechanic and was very happy to see it removed.  Even though I used spears before the change, I always felt they were weak compared to other weapons, offering only reach.  Now they are on par with other weapons, and add I spear user, I am happy about that.