Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Krougal

Krougal

On 8/8/2024 at 11:38 AM, DickJustice said:

What is final then? This makes 1.0 meaningless. Why even take it out of early access in the first place if you're recommending players to start up again after not even 20 days? Why play the game at all? It shows little regard for the userbase experience.

As an addendum, you can go on to the Steam comments for the news post about the 1.1 update and see what I'm talking about. There's a lot of dissatisfaction. Often with user comments, I feel it's excessively negative and that often people just love to be really loud about very subjective complaints - but this I totally understand getting worked up about. The whole charm of the game is the player progression - going from easily getting overrun by slower groups of 3 zombies versus mastering the apocalypse, and it takes time and it takes a certain amount of healthy grinding, but you get there. Players who started 1.0 Stable thinking they were safe from restarts, what? They should throw 40 hours away without a second thought? What about working on elaborate bases? Extensive resource gathering?

Streaming media has pretty much made terms like final and 1.0 meaningless.

Gaming is starting to lean more towards being software as a service just like everything else.

Yeah, it makes everything feel like perpetual early access, but it is what it is.

If you spent 40 hours playing, then yes, you threw away 40 hours without a second thought (yes, this is coming from a guy who throws away thousands of hours a year), that is what recreation boils down to; wasting time in between being productive.

This is not an MMO anyway, I mean how many hours do you people spend in the average 7DTD game before you get bored. 40 hours is 40 days, I am already getting bored and thinking about restarting by then.

Oh, and good job pimps! I honestly expected to hate 1.0 but I think it is the best update in a long time. Now just get rid of the ChiCom EAC phone home every 5 minutes bull@%$# so I don't have to play in offline mode all the time and we'll be good.

Krougal

Krougal

What is final then? This makes 1.0 meaningless. Why even take it out of early access in the first place if you're recommending players to start up again after not even 20 days? Why play the game at all? It shows little regard for the userbase experience.

As an addendum, you can go on to the Steam comments for the news post about the 1.1 update and see what I'm talking about. There's a lot of dissatisfaction. Often with user comments, I feel it's excessively negative and that often people just love to be really loud about very subjective complaints - but this I totally understand getting worked up about. The whole charm of the game is the player progression - going from easily getting overrun by slower groups of 3 zombies versus mastering the apocalypse, and it takes time and it takes a certain amount of healthy grinding, but you get there. Players who started 1.0 Stable thinking they were safe from restarts, what? They should throw 40 hours away without a second thought? What about working on elaborate bases? Extensive resource gathering?

Gaming is starting to lean more towards being software as a service just like everything else.

Yeah, it makes everything feel like perpetual early access, but it is what it is.

If you spent 40 hours playing, then yes, you threw away 40 hours without a second thought (yes, this is coming from a guy who throws away thousands of hours a year), that is what recreation boils down to; wasting time in between being productive.

This is not an MMO anyway, I mean how many hours do you people spend in the average 7DTD game before you get bored. 40 hours is 40 days, I am already getting bored and thinking about restarting by then.

Oh, and good job pimps! I honestly expected to hate 1.0 but I think it is the best update in a long time. Now just get rid of the ChiCom EAC phone home every 5 minutes bull@%$# and we'll be good.

Krougal

Krougal