Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

15 minutes ago, Grandpa Minion said:

honestly, i think the point mando was trying to make about the paint is for years and years pvp players have set in the background on this forum watching as pve players request get filled over and over all while the pvp communitys seems to be brushed a side. 

To be fair, PVP was kind of tacked on because of requests but really isn't the intended use of the game.  I think most PVP servers use a lot of mods to help make PVP better because of this.  I'm not saying they shouldn't do what they can to help PVP players, but this game won't ever be on par with so many other PVP games out there in terms of PVP.  My suggestions are just ways you can make things at least somewhat better in the short term.

If I were on such a server where camping is so bad, I would probably just bury my bedroll a few meters deep where it can't be found and never spawn at my bedroll (just near).  The only way for someone to find where I will spawn is to get lucky and see me spawn, which is low risk.

I generally don't do PVP specifically because of campers and similar cheesy PVP tactics.  If players do PVP in a more fair way, then it can be much more fun to me.  Camping spawn points and traders is just cheap and what I would consider smelling someone who is not good at PVP would do just because it is easy and low risk and they get a kick out of being jerks to people.  But that is just me.  Same for high level characters killing low level characters who have no chance to fight back.  No risk and no skill required to do that.

Riamus

Riamus

6 minutes ago, Grandpa Minion said:

honestly, i think the point mando was trying to make about the paint is for years and years pvp players have set in the background on this forum watching as pve players request get filled over and over all while the pvp communitys seems to be brushed a side. 

To be fair, PVP was kind of tracked on because if requests but really isn't the intended use of the game.  I think most PVP servers use a lot of mods to help make PVP better because of this.  I'm not saying they shouldn't do what they can to help PVP players, but this game won't ever be on par with so many other PVP games out there in terms of PVP.  My suggestions are just ways you can make things at least somewhat better in the short term.

If I were on such a server where camping is so bad, I would probably just bury my bedroll a few meters deep where it can't be found and never spawn at my bedroll (just near).  The only way for someone to find where I will spawn is to get lucky and see me spawn, which is low risk.

I generally don't do PVP specifically because of campers and similar cheesy PVP tactics.  If players do PVP in a more fair way, then it can be much more fun to me.  Camping spawn points and traders is just cheap and what I would consider smelling someone who is not good at PVP would do just because it is easy and low risk and they get a kick out of being jerks to people.  But that is just me.