Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

2 hours ago, DickJustice said:

This is all fair - regardless there is not a good communication between developer and customer. The argument has been raised of "they had to call it 1.0 for console players" but it still does not explain why this couldn't be properly addressed in what would only have to be 1 simple post on the Steam page, for Steam users. It's that simple, all it would have taken to address all these concerns.

I feel like in general, judging by some of the reactions I've got in my notifications from some of the other members who frequent these forums, there is not much wrong one can say about this game and certain choices made, and to me that's pretty negative. I've been respectful and made sure to express my gratitude and appreciation for the work put into this game over the years. There's often multitudes more negativity in some of the stray complains you get here like "how about you actually fix [x] for a change" / "this ruins the game!!!" "ugh why did you do this for!!" - I tried to include a level of consideration to my concern, yet the response to my comment has been a lot more, shall we say, noticeable.

I just found that this point required better communication. After all - anything can be criticised, provided it's done with respect. 

I didn't say anything about communication since I largely agree with you there. Communication is not their strong suit. On the other hand, the alternative is often a dedicated "community manager" as a gobetween. I have mixed feelings about this, most of them filter the scant information even more and replace them with very polite but meaningless speech (looking at the communication from typical AAA companies). Advantage surely is that he is more able to explain information for the typical layman, I prefer the raw information though. So while I am sympathetic to your complaint, I fear the solution might make things worse.

Regulars on the forum are a mixed bag, from very polite to easily triggered. And new visitors have the same range of polite to aggressive, so I myself get everything from a good discussion (like with you) to outright flaming. It can't really be helped, moderation cuts of the excesses, but any game is a hot topic to all the fans and sometimes emotions are carried away. I am not saying this is fine, I am just saying there will always be tempers flaring and the only thing one can do is keep calm, stay polite, fan the flames, and report when it is over the line.

I might add that always assuming first the error is on my side when I think some post is inflammatory helps a lot. I often misread posts on the first reading, and I notice that a lot of disputes start from simple misunderstandings and misinterpretations.

meganoth

meganoth

1 hour ago, DickJustice said:

This is all fair - regardless there is not a good communication between developer and customer. The argument has been raised of "they had to call it 1.0 for console players" but it still does not explain why this couldn't be properly addressed in what would only have to be 1 simple post on the Steam page, for Steam users. It's that simple, all it would have taken to address all these concerns.

I feel like in general, judging by some of the reactions I've got in my notifications from some of the other members who frequent these forums, there is not much wrong one can say about this game and certain choices made, and to me that's pretty negative. I've been respectful and made sure to express my gratitude and appreciation for the work put into this game over the years. There's often multitudes more negativity in some of the stray complains you get here like "how about you actually fix [x] for a change" / "this ruins the game!!!" "ugh why did you do this for!!" - I tried to include a level of consideration to my concern, yet the response to my comment has been a lot more, shall we say, noticeable.

I just found that this point required better communication. After all - anything can be criticised, provided it's done with respect. 

I didn't say anything about communication since I largely agree with you there. Communication is not their strong suit. On the other hand, the alternative is often a dedicated "community manager" as a gobetween. I have mixed feelings about this, most of them filter the scant information even more and replace them with very polite but meaningless speech (looking at the communication from typical AAA companies). Advantage surely is that he is more able to explain information for the typical layman, I prefer the raw information though.

Regulars on the forum are a mixed bag, from very polite to easily triggered. And new visitors have the same range of polite to aggressive, so I myself get everything from a good discussion (like with you) to outright flaming. It can't really be helped, moderation cuts of the excesses, but any game is a hot topic to all the fans and sometimes emotions are carried away. I am not saying this is fine, I am just saying there will always be tempers flaring and the only thing one can do is keep calm, stay polite, fan the flames, and report when it is over the line.

I might add that always assuming first the error is on my side when I think some post is inflammatory helps a lot. I often misread posts on the first reading, and I notice that a lot of disputes start from simple misunderstandings and misinterpretations.

meganoth

meganoth

I didn't say anything about communication since I largely agree with you there. Communication is not their strong suit. On the other hand, the alternative is often a dedicated "community manager" as a gobetween. I have mixed feelings about this, most of them filter the scant information even more and replace them with very polite but meaningless speech (looking at the communication from typical AAA companies). Advantage surely is that he is more able to explain information for the typical layman, I prefer the raw information though.

Regulars on the forum are a mixed bag, from very polite to easily triggered. And new visitors have the same range of polite to aggressive, so I myself get everything from a good discussion (like with you) to outright flaming. It can't really be helped, moderation cuts of the excesses, but any game is a hot topic to all the fans and sometimes emotions are carried away. I am not saying this is fine, I am just saying there will always be tempers flaring and the only thing one can do is keep calm, stay polite and report when it is over the line,

meganoth

meganoth

Regulars on the forum are a mixed bag, from very polite to easily triggered. And new visitors have the same range of polite to aggressive, so I get everything from a good discussion (like with you) to outright flaming. It can't really be helped, moderation cuts of the excesses, but any game is a hot topic to all the fans and sometimes emotions are carried away. I am not saying this is fine, I am just saying there will always be tempers flaring and the only thing one can do is keep calm, stay polite and report when it is over the line,

meganoth

meganoth

Regulars on the forum are a mixed bag, from very polite to easily triggered. And new visitors have the same range so I get everything from a good discussion (like with you) to outright flaming. It can't really be helped, moderation cuts of the excesses, but any game is a hot topic to all the fans and sometimes emotions are carried away. I am not saying this is fine, I am just saying there will always be tempers flaring and the only thing one can do is keep calm, stay polite and report when it is over the line,