Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

23 minutes ago, DickJustice said:

Sure they matter. But this game has been in early release for PC players for over 10 years. Formal or not, 1.0 is a milestone for PC players. A long-awaited "I don't have to restart anymore to miss out on content" sorta thing. If you go "do console players' opinions matter", you have to say the same for PC players.

Of course PC players matter (I am one).  But what issue do you think matters more?  Console: I can't play the game at all for another couple years because it can't be released on console until 1.0, or PC: I have to start a new game whenever I feel like getting the latest content?

20 minutes ago, DED-EFIM said:

yes but there are 15 or more traders on the map and nothing prevents you from buying them all, besides I showed what the merchant immediately offers at the first stage of the game, and this is not a little

On day one or for a while after, no player can hit every trader on the map because they don't know where they are located and the distance is such that getting to them without a vehicle isn't really an option within the reset timeframe.  Also, you mentioned a server.  If everyone is buying magazines, no one is getting all of them from every trader.

14 minutes ago, DickJustice said:

I will say I was under the impression that a restart concerned bug fixes and other updates - if they don't, and it's just the POI stuff, then a post with detailed instructions on how to troubleshoot this by a member of the team would go a long way towards resolving this concern. What you mentioned about the chunk reset and world editor is still more work than a paying customer would have to do - and as kind as your advice is, it'd be nice to get it from a dev member as well, in an official capacity which addresses the issue.

Like I said, a lot of great, hard, long work has clearly been put into this game - why leave anything unresolved. Takes but one post to assuage these doubts for PC players.

I just looked over the changes and unless I missed something, I don't think anything but POI would require a new save.  Maybe a dev will get around to saying the same, but they don't post all the time and other than faatal and Laz Man, their responses are generally short as they have other things to work on.  Could they give better replies with more details?  Absolutely.  But if you have been playing this long, I'm sure you've seen that they don't normally do so.  I would expect them to change. 

I know chunk reset and world editor aren't what most players will do.  On the other hand, most players aren't going to be upset that they are missing some POI until their next game.  In fact, most maps do not include every POI to begin with.  I just offered those options for anyone who really wants the latest POI without staying a new game.

Also keep in mind that unlike most games that you play one game and then not again for a period of time (often a year or more), this game you are likely playing new games regularly.  Most players aren't going past day 50-75 or so unless they are on a persistent server.  This means you will get the new content before long even if you wait until your current game ends.

Riamus

Riamus

12 minutes ago, DickJustice said:

Sure they matter. But this game has been in early release for PC players for over 10 years. Formal or not, 1.0 is a milestone for PC players. A long-awaited "I don't have to restart anymore to miss out on content" sorta thing. If you go "do console players' opinions matter", you have to say the same for PC players.

Of course PC players matter (I am one).  But what issue do you think matters more?  Console: I can't play the game at all for another couple years because it can't be released on console until 1.0, or PC: I have to start a new game whenever I feel like getting the latest content?

11 minutes ago, DED-EFIM said:

yes but there are 15 or more traders on the map and nothing prevents you from buying them all, besides I showed what the merchant immediately offers at the first stage of the game, and this is not a little

On day one or for a while after, no player can hit every trader on the map because they don't know where they are located and the distance is such that getting to them without a vehicle isn't really an option within the reset timeframe.  Also, you mentioned a server.  If everyone is buying magazines, no one is getting all of them from every trader.

8 minutes ago, DickJustice said:

I will say I was under the impression that a restart concerned bug fixes and other updates - if they don't, and it's just the POI stuff, then a post with detailed instructions on how to troubleshoot this by a member of the team would go a long way towards resolving this concern. What you mentioned about the chunk reset and world editor is still more work than a paying customer would have to do - and as kind as your advice is, it'd be nice to get it from a dev member as well, in an official capacity which addresses the issue.

Like I said, a lot of great, hard, long work has clearly been put into this game - why leave anything unresolved. Takes but one post to assuage these doubts for PC players.

I just looked over the changes and unless I missed something, I don't think anything but POI would require a new save.  Maybe a dev will get around to saying the same, but they don't post all the time and other than faatal and Laz Man, their responses are generally short as they have other things to work on.  Could they give better replies with more details?  Absolutely.  But if you have been playing this long, I'm sure you've seen that they don't normally do so.  I would expect them to change. 

I know chunk reset and world editor aren't what most players will do.  On the other hand, most players aren't going to be upset that they are missing some POI until their next game.  In fact, most maps do not include every POI to begin with.  I just offered those options for anyone who really wants the latest POI without staying a new game.