Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
HeLLKnight

HeLLKnight

On 8/10/2024 at 4:46 AM, Outlaw_187 said:

Previous to 1.1, I had decent performance in 1.0 b333. Like almost steady 60 fps.

Upon the update, I had terrible stuttering issues and barely 20 fps. 

I turned off vsync and this helped tremendously. Now getting 70 fps

I´ve read many times over the years on reddit, steam forums etc that this game game has vsync broken, and for some people it produces big dips in fps and never been fixed.

Try to disable Vsync in game and enable in nvidia/amd control panel, or limit fps with RTSS and let us know your experience.

4 hours ago, Krougal said:

Reflections and shadows are big performance killers. I had to turn them off because my game was stuttering badly.

I get avg 80-100 FPS with everything else cranked up at 1080P, 240hz.

I can't really compare against A21 because I had a GeForce 1066 then and I went to a 4060. Otherwise same computer.

Before 1.0 the game has been always pretty CPU bottlenecked and not much GPU intensive. Now with 1.0 new CPU optimizations and better specific effects and lighting, the game is a bit less CPU intensive and more GPU dependant. In my case with 13700k and RTX3080 I already had great CPU performance and I can see bigger FPS differences changing shadow and reflections settings in 1.0 than before. 

Try the new FSR upscaling (within antialiasing setting) and Torch mod, maybe it can help for you. https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/3287

HeLLKnight

HeLLKnight

On 8/10/2024 at 4:46 AM, Outlaw_187 said:

Previous to 1.1, I had decent performance in 1.0 b333. Like almost steady 60 fps.

Upon the update, I had terrible stuttering issues and barely 20 fps. 

I turned off vsync and this helped tremendously. Now getting 70 fps

I´ve read many times over the years on reddit, steam forums etc that this game game has vsync broken, and for some people it produces big dips in fps and never been fixed.

Try to disable Vsync in game and enable in nvidia/amd control panel, or limit fps with RTSS and let us know your experience.