Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

15 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Which is the reason I suggested a timer.  A misplaced block is known to be misplaced almost immediately in most cases, so you could pick it up and move it right away.  No, it wouldn't allow you to move stuff after that short timer, but how much are you moving anyhow?  You shouldn't be able to pick up an entire base and go somewhere else and put it down again just to avoid having to make more blocks.  I don't think anything you place should need to be moved after a short "oops" period, with the exception of the workstations because those are generally more expensive to make.

The idea would surely be a godsend for builders, though it has drawbacks: The game would have to remember what is placed in a separate structure and consult that whenever you look at blocks. Which could cost performance or at least adds another layer that has to be programmed. Also it might be able to use the feature in combat/horde night. I.e. put down block, zombie is blocked and turns around to go a longer path, remove block, shoot him, place block again.

meganoth

meganoth

7 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Which is the reason I suggested a timer.  A misplaced block is known to be misplaced almost immediately in most cases, so you could pick it up and move it right away.  No, it wouldn't allow you to move stuff after that short timer, but how much are you moving anyhow?  You shouldn't be able to pick up an entire base and go somewhere else and put it down again just to avoid having to make more blocks.  I don't think anything you place should need to be moved after a short "oops" period, with the exception of the workstations because those are generally more expensive to make.

The idea would surely be a godsend for builders, though it has drawbacks: The game would have to remember what is placed in a separate structure and consult that whenever you look at blocks. Which could cost performance or at least adds another layer that has to be programmed. Also it might be able to use the feature in combat/horde night. I.e. put down block, zombie is blocked and turns around, remove block, shoot him, place block again.