Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
doughphunghus

doughphunghus

Also: for all the nerdpole lovers/haters ;) and my comment to remove it via slow build, i would like to elaborate:

i guess to me its just a bit too much "not reality" and allows an immersion break thats too far for me. But ultimately (as you can just build ladders and this is "reasonable" in a way) its more of the quickness and speed at which one is allowed to nerdpole. If it were slowed down enough so that you couldn't pole up in 2 seconds with a few blocks in your toolbelt and escape zeds/bears/etc without any planning i would be more ok with it. And i also feel when playing multiplayer it would make the world a little "nicer looking" if all the pois that had been nerdpole looted had ladders or some decently crafted effort to get there from the outside vs "yet another stack of 40 straight up frames that looks weird".

I guess its a minor annoyance to me and for a survival game it just feels like a huge hole (to nerdpole fast like today) to take away a lot of the danger of surviving. I do like there is at least ways/mods to turn off nerdpole ability (works in multiplayer as well) and its not baked into the game but "slower building" would probably be a middleground unless you really like to be able to just hit all the lootrooms directly and escape almost any situation by just "up and on a roof". I know everyone has different playstyles (and time to play) but "fast cheap nerdpoling is the default" seems like it should not be the default settings for this game (or any survival game with puzzle buildings or attacking enemies). I guess its also Its kinda like having a "super high jump" and you can just jump over and on top of everything, day one. No need to fight anything (mostly.... the loot rooms are usually/always defended)

doughphunghus

doughphunghus

Also: for all the nerdpole lovers/haters ;) and my comment to remove it via slow build, i would like to elaborate:

i guess to me its just a bit too much "not reality" and allows an immersion break thats too far for me. But ultimately (as you can just build ladders and this is "reasonable" in a way) its more of the quickness and speed at which one is allowed to nerdpole. If it were slowed down enough so that you couldn't pole up in 2 seconds with a few blocks in your toolbelt and escape zeds/bears/etc without any planning i would be more ok with it. And i also feel when playing multiplayer it would make the world a little "nicer looking" if all the pois that had been nerdpole looted had ladders or some decently crafted effort to get there from the outside vs "yet another stack of 40 straight up frames that looks weird".

I guess its a minor annoyance to me and for a survival game it just feels like a huge hole (to nerdpole fast like today) to take away a lot of the danger of surviving. I do like there is at least ways/mods to turn off nerdpole ability (works in multiplayer as well) and its not baked into the game, but "slower building" would probably be a middleground, unless you really like to be able to just hit all the lootrooms directly, and escape almost any situation by just "up and on a roof". I know everyone has different playstyles (and time to play) but "fast cheap nerdpoling is the default" seems like it should not be the default settings for this game (or any survival game with puzzle buildings or attacking enemies). I guess its also Its kinda like having a "super high jump" and you can just jump over and on top of everything, day one. No need to fight anything (mostly.... the loot rooms are usually/always defended)

doughphunghus

doughphunghus

I guess its a minor annoyance to me and for a survival game it just feels like a huge hole (to nerdpole fast like today) to take away a lot of the danger of surviving. I do like there is at least ways/mods to turn off nerdpole ability (for multiplayer) and its not baked into the game, but "slower building" would probably be a middleground, unless you really like to be able to just hit all the lootrooms directly, and escape almost any situation by just "up and on a roof". I know everyone has different playstyles (and time to play) but "fast cheap nerdpoling is the default" seems like it should not be the default settings for this game (or any survival game with puzzle buildings or attacking enemies). I guess its also Its kinda like having a "super high jump" and you can just jump over and on top of everything, day one. No need to fight anything (mostly.... the loot rooms are usually/always defended)

doughphunghus

doughphunghus

I guess its a minor annoyance to me and for a survival game it just feels like a huge hole (to nerdpole fast like today) to take away a lot of the danger of surviving. I do like there is at least ways/mods to turn off nerdpole ability (for multiplayer) and its not baked into the game, but "slower building" would probably be a middleground, unless you really like to be able to just hit all the lootrooms directly, and escape almost any situation by just "up and on a roof". I know everyone has different playstyles (and time to play) but "fast cheap nerdpoling is the default" seems like it should not be the default settings for this game (or any survival game with puzzle buildings or attacking enemies). I guess its also Its kinda like having a "super high jump" and you can just jump over and on top of everything, day one. No need to fight anything.