Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
doughphunghus

doughphunghus

1 hour ago, 4sheetzngeegles said:

GnaMod

Ok, i loved gnamod (and not just horde mode) and one thing it did that i haven't seen very other mods do is the "new block placement is a template that you place and then you can upgrade it". the Afterlife mod does this too it can be found on the Steam forums and is a really good overhaul IMHO. 

anyway: this concept of placing a template block to build (that can only be seen when holding an upgrade/building tool like the hammer) makes building and planning much more difficult as you cannot just place down blocks fast to block off areas/zeds and specifically: it kills nerdpoling. It almost even kills "go up the aide of a poi to get to the loot room" as its just so slow to do it you kinda just want to run through the POI instead. it makes building take some time (which punishes you as horde night approaches and you have not planned well) vs today you just either throw down frames (and nerdpole to a roof, etc) and/or upgrade fast and/or craft stronger blocks and throw them down.

of all the mods and games I've played, this is one mechanic (if i have to choose the top one) i really wish vanilla took up and ran with. There are other "slow build" mechanics (like requiring nails to build wood things, mortar for cobble, etc) and i would like them added as well but the template idea really hits the "you better prep, and no nerdpole for you by design!" I like.

edit: also i wish it were applied to all blocks, like hathes/doors. I see the "drop a hatch fast and block zeds effortlessly" while running through a POi and i kinda wish people couldn't do this. At least force them to stop and plan out their "fall back position" for a minute vs "at any moment i run back a bit and find a doorway and put up a blockade in 2 seconds like I'm in Fortnite". 

doughphunghus

doughphunghus

GnaMod

Ok, i loved gnamod (and not just horde mode) and one thing it did that i haven't seen very other mods do is the "new block placement is a template that you place and then you can upgrade it". the Afterlife mod does this too it can be found on the Steam forums and is a really good overhaul IMHO. 

anyway: this concept of placing a template block to build (that can only be seen when holding an upgrade/building tool like the hammer) makes building and planning much more difficult as you cannot just place down blocks fast to block off areas/zeds and specifically: it kills nerdpoling. It almost even kills "go up the aide of a poi to get to the loot room" as its just so slow to do it you kinda just want to run through the POI instead. it makes building take some time (which punishes you as horde night approaches and you have not planned well) vs today you just either throw down frames (and nerdpole to a roof, etc) and/or upgrade fast and/or craft stronger blocks and throw them down.

of all the mods and games I've played, this is one mechanic (if i have to choose the top one) i really wish vanilla took up and ran with. There are other "slow build" mechanics (like requiring nails to build wood things, mortar for cobble, etc) and i would like them added as well but the template idea really hits the "you better prep, and no nerdpole for you by design!" I like.

edit: also i wish it were applied to all blocks, like harches/doors. I see the "drop a hatch fast and block zeds effortlessly" while running through a POi and i kinda wish people couldn't do this. At least force them to stop and plan out their "fall back position" for a minute vs "at any moment i run back a bit and find a doorway and put up a blockade in 2 seconds like I'm in Fortnite". 

doughphunghus

doughphunghus

GnaMod

doughphunghus

doughphunghus

GnaMod

Ok, i loved gnamod and one thing it did that i haven't seen very other mods do is the "new block placement is a template that you place and then you can upgrade it". the Afterlife mod does this too it can be found on the Steam forums and is a really good overhaul IMHO.