Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

30 minutes ago, ButterFox said:

Also, and I can't verify this yet, but I assume the rewards you receive for missions may be different based on the merchant. If this can be confirmed as the case, that would be another reason.

The rewards are the same as far as I can tell.  They all use the same loot groups for each level of rewards unless I'm mistaken.

But I also don't like listening to Rekt every game.  Drop the language and I wouldn't care, but it just gets old really quickly.  I avoid him as much as possible.  As for the others, I really don't care who I deal with.  Sure, there are different items for sale, but I rarely buy anything anyhow.  Give me any trader other than Rekt and I can live with that.  And now that there isn't incentive to go to other traders because all traders have the same quest tiers, I can pretty much stay at one town the entire game and just explore when I feel like seeing the world or if I want to buy something like solar cells that are extremely rare (far too rare, TFP!!!) and need to go to every trader on the map every few days in hopes that I can get one per inventory reset period (2 if I'm lucky, which isn't often).  They did these changes to get people a reason to go to other traders, but for me, it's done the exact opposite.  I wanted go through and do the tiers at each trader.  That was an incentive for me.  Without that, there just isn't any real incentive beyond just finding some POI you don't have where you are.  But if I'm at a very large city, I've got plenty to choose from, so that's not a big incentive usually.

Riamus

Riamus

23 minutes ago, ButterFox said:

Also, and I can't verify this yet, but I assume the rewards you receive for missions may be different based on the merchant. If this can be confirmed as the case, that would be another reason.

The rewards are the same as far as I can tell.  They all use the same loot groups for each level of rewards unless I'm mistaken.

But I also don't like listening to Rekt every game.  Drop the language and I wouldn't care, but it just gets old really quickly.  I avoid him as much as possible.  As for the others, I really don't care who I deal with.  Sure, there are different items for sale, but I rarely buy anything anyhow.  Give me any trader other than Rekt and I can live with that.  And now that there isn't incentive to go to other traders because all traders have the same quest tiers, I can pretty much stay at one town the entire game and just explore when I feel like seeing the world or if I want to buy something like solar cells that are extremely rare (far too rare, TFP!!!) and need to go to every trader on the map every few days in hopes that I can get one per inventory reset period (2 if I'm lucky, which isn't often).  They did these changes to get people a reason to go to other traders, but for me, it's done the exact opposite.  I wanted go through and do the tiers at each trader.  That was an incentive for me.  Without that, there just isn't any real incentive.