Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

8 hours ago, Suxar said:

As far as I understand, the chance of a battery appearing depends on your trading skill. In A21, after maximizing the skill, I met them often. Now my skill is low, it’s hard to say what will happen if I raise it.

I'm talking about solar banks and solar cells, not battery banks or batteries.  Maybe you just wrote the wrong thing here?

56 minutes ago, ElCabong said:

That's why I bought it as soon as I found a trader that had one. He also had a battery bank so I walked away from him broke.

I get all of my batteries from scrapping cars. Did you mean battery Bank?

To clarify what I was saying...

Solar banks (what you place on the ground/base somewhere) are easy to find once your trader stage is high enough.  Some perks increase trader stage and will help you find these sooner.  Either way, these are easy to find and you only need a small number of them unless you're going crazy with solar.  Solar cells (what you place inside the solar bank) are extremely rare unless they've changed that in 1.0.  In A21, with all perks that increase trader rank maxed and in late game, I could hit every trader on the map every time their inventories reset and I might get one cell - two if I'm lucky.  Sometimes I wouldn't even get one.  And that's any level cell, not necessarily tier 6, which is what I'd really want to buy.  You need 6 cells per solar bank if you want to maximize the power of the solar bank.  That means a ton of running around to every trader on the map over and over again to fill up however many solar banks you have.  If solar cells were a guaranteed item, or at least one that has something like a 50% chance to spawn in each trader's inventory each reset, then it wouldn't be a problem.  It might still take a lot of time to find 6 tier 6 cells for every solar bank you want to use, but at least you could get them filled up pretty quickly.

As it is now, solar is extremely painful to try and use.  It's already less power than a generator and takes up more space.  The only real benefit is not having to fill them up with gas all the time... and sound if that matters to you.  You can't even start on solar until late game and then have to spend potentially many weeks just to fill up all the solar banks and perhaps many more to get them all filled with tier 6 cells.  Plus, cells are extremely expensive, even with max discounts and awesome sauce.  That's a pretty bad design choice, imo.

Riamus

Riamus

8 hours ago, Suxar said:

As far as I understand, the chance of a battery appearing depends on your trading skill. In A21, after maximizing the skill, I met them often. Now my skill is low, it’s hard to say what will happen if I raise it.

I'm talking about solar banks and solar cells, not battery banks or batteries.  Maybe you just wrote the wrong thing here?

47 minutes ago, ElCabong said:

That's why I bought it as soon as I found a trader that had one. He also had a battery bank so I walked away from him broke.

I get all of my batteries from scrapping cars. Did you mean battery Bank?

To clarify what I was saying...

Solar banks (what you place on the ground/base somewhere) are easy to find once your trader stage is high enough.  Some perks increase trader stage and will help you find these sooner.  Either way, these are easy to find and you only need a small number of them unless you're going crazy with solar.  Solar cells (what you place inside the solar bank) are extremely rare unless they've changed that in 1.0.  In A21, with all perks that increase trader rank maxed and in late game, I could hit every trader on the map every time their inventories reset and I might get one cell - two if I'm lucky.  Sometimes I wouldn't even get one.  And that's any level cell, not necessarily tier 6, which is what I'd really want to buy.  You need 6 cells per solar bank if you want to maximize the power of the solar bank.  That means a ton of running around to every trader on the map over and over again to fill up however many solar banks you have.  If solar cells were a guaranteed item, or at least one that has something like a 50% chance to spawn in each trader's inventory each reset, then it wouldn't be a problem.  It might still take a lot of time to find 6 tier 6 cells for every solar bank you want to use, but at least you could get them filled up pretty quickly.

As it is now, solar is extremely painful to try and use.  It's already less power than a generator and takes up more space.  The only real benefit is not having to fill them up with gas all the time... and sound if that matters to you.  You can't even start on solar until late game and then have to spend potentially many weeks just to fill up all the solar banks and perhaps many more to get them all filled with tier 6 cells.  That's a pretty bad design choice, imo.