Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

2 hours ago, Krougal said:

Oh, last update, I got the crucible on day....23? So that concludes the forge ahead, again, I expect this around this point, especially with the perk expenditure required to get to advanced engineering 3. I'm also almost level 50. I also only recently discovered the power of the nerd outfit, which I have mixed feelings about since it has been nice to not be constantly switching between nerd goggles and lucky looter like I used to do (although now the cigar doesn't stack :( with other headgear anymore), but getting extra skill points is pretty powerful.

@meganoth

Some interesting ideas but those are really not sensible perk choices for SP. There is too much to do too soon and everything that comes at the cost of your combat abilities should be carefully considered. Anything that is only really useful early game is of questionable worth. Iron stomach, tracking and the like fall pretty firmly into that category. Early farming is also pretty pointless before you can at least make steak and potatoes. I still don't even think more than 1 pt of farming is worthwhile if you aren't otherwise investing into fort. Especially with some QL6 farmers outfit and boots.

MP I appreciate everyone picking a different role but SP there is too much to do and sure playing on easy you can really make do with whatever but cranking up the difficulty becomes less forgiving of poor choices.

The stamina management wisdom is pure gold though, especially at higher levels.

It depends on the player. If you are starving and get killed because your food level is at 20% and your stamina runs out your perk points in the melee weapon are wasted as well. Food problems also mean you waste time walking instead of running. So, if you can feed yourself without iron stomach, naturally you would save that point for something else. But if you get into problems feeding yourself but have no problems with combat, this perk will help you more than increasing your melee to 2 which already costs you 3 points (if you include the attribute costs).

Incidentally iron stomach and tracking fall pretty firmly under those perks you either take in early game or never. Without tracking I simply miss 90% of all chickens and rabbits and early game they are a great source for meat, leather and feathers. In my SP games I almost always take tracking (and always when playing AGI), and even a point in farming, but none in iron stomach because tracking is enough for me to have no food problems.

Early farming perk is maybe not efficient, I am on the fence about it. I still take it because I want to start the farm early so I have a running start when the recipes get active. And in dire need I would cook a potato or make corn bread. Remember, it also doubles the harvest even when you just raid a farm POI or collect chrysanthemium in the forest for red tea. For one measly perk point. But I usually take only 1 point, even the last time I played fortitude in MP I took only 1.

Finally what is only useful in early game can always be removed later with one potion. I actually never used the potion but it is there if you want to optimize.

meganoth

meganoth

1 hour ago, Krougal said:

Oh, last update, I got the crucible on day....23? So that concludes the forge ahead, again, I expect this around this point, especially with the perk expenditure required to get to advanced engineering 3. I'm also almost level 50. I also only recently discovered the power of the nerd outfit, which I have mixed feelings about since it has been nice to not be constantly switching between nerd goggles and lucky looter like I used to do (although now the cigar doesn't stack :( with other headgear anymore), but getting extra skill points is pretty powerful.

@meganoth

Some interesting ideas but those are really not sensible perk choices for SP. There is too much to do too soon and everything that comes at the cost of your combat abilities should be carefully considered. Anything that is only really useful early game is of questionable worth. Iron stomach, tracking and the like fall pretty firmly into that category. Early farming is also pretty pointless before you can at least make steak and potatoes. I still don't even think more than 1 pt of farming is worthwhile if you aren't otherwise investing into fort. Especially with some QL6 farmers outfit and boots.

MP I appreciate everyone picking a different role but SP there is too much to do and sure playing on easy you can really make do with whatever but cranking up the difficulty becomes less forgiving of poor choices.

It depends on the player. If you are starving and get killed because your food level is at 20% and your stamina runs out your perk points in the melee weapon are wasted as well. Food problems also mean you waste time walking instead of running. So, if you can feed yourself without iron stomach, naturally you would save that point for something else. But if you get into problems feeding yourself but have no problems with combat, this perk will help you more than increasing your melee to 2 which already costs you 3 points (if you include the attribute costs).

Incidentally iron stomach and tracking fall pretty firmly under those perks you take in early game or almost never. Without tracking I simply miss 90% of all chickens and rabbits and early game they are a great source for meat, leather and feathers. In my SP games I almost always take tracking (and always when playing AGI), and even a point in farming, but none in iron stomach because tracking is enough for me to have no food problems.

Early farming perk is maybe not efficient, I am on the fence about it. I still take it because I want to start the farm early so I have a running start when the recipes get active. And in dire need I would cook a potato or make corn bread. Remember, it also doubles the harvest even when you just raid a farm POI or collect chrysanthemium in the forest for red tea. For one measly perk point. But I usually take only 1 point, even the last time I played fortitude in MP I took only 1.

Finally what is only useful in early game can always be removed later with one potion. I actually never used the potion but it is there if you want to optimize.

meganoth

meganoth

@meganoth

It depends on the player. If you are starving and get killed because your food level is at 20% and your stamina runs out your perk points in the melee weapon are wasted as well. So, if you can feed yourself without iron stomach, naturally you would save that point for something else. But if you get into problems feeding yourself but have no problems with combat, this perk will help you more than increasing your melee to 2 which already costs you 3 points (if you include the attribute costs).

Incidentally iron stomach and tracking fall pretty firmly under those perks you take in early game or almost never. Without tracking I simply miss 90% of all chickens and rabbits and early game they are a great source for meat, leather and feathers. In my SP games I almost always take tracking (and always when playing AGI), and even a point in farming, but none in iron stomach because tracking is enough for me to have no food problems.

meganoth

meganoth

@meganoth

It depends on the player. If you are starving and get killed because your food level is at 20% and your stamina runs out your perk points in the melee weapon are wasted as well. So, if you can feed yourself without iron stomach, naturally you would save that point for something else. But if you get into problems feeding yourself but have no problems with combat, this perk will help you more than increasing your melee to 2 which already costs you 3 points (if you include the attribute costs).

Incidentally iron stomach and tracking fall pretty firmly under those perks you take in early game or almost never. Without tracking I simply miss 90% of all chickens and rabbits and early game they are a great source for meat, leather and feathers. In my SP games I often take tracking (and always when playing AGI), and even a point in farming, but none in iron stomach because tracking is enough for me to have no food problems.