Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
zztong

zztong

10 hours ago, SoBasically said:

Personally, I've always thought it was a great idea and super healthy for the game.

If you were someone who hated the magazines on release, how do you feel about it now?

I wasn't one who hated the new magazines as they let bookshelf loot be more than paper. It was something more than just Perk books and Crafting books as meaningful loot.

That said, there are times when I am marking time waiting to get another X number of a magazine before I can make some sort of improvement. Sometimes that is... I'm not sure what word to pick ... 'demotivating?' ... and sometimes it isn't. I have to put something I'd like to be a priority on hold while I live life (raid POIs) enough to find 20 more books of some type. I can't say, for instance, since I want a motorcycle, I will prioritize learning about motorcycles as I don't really control what magazines drop. Sure, I can influence what magazines drop by my selection of Perks, but as a "Jack of All Trades" player, I'm usually advancing on several fronts: Food, Seeds, Armor, Bows, Clubs, and Vehicles and still wanting to address Pistols, Assault Weapons, Shotguns, and Rifles. But sometimes I just have to tell myself to work on something else and check back later. That isn't always what I want to hear.

zztong

zztong

10 hours ago, SoBasically said:

Personally, I've always thought it was a great idea and super healthy for the game.

If you were someone who hated the magazines on release, how do you feel about it now?

I wasn't one who hated the new magazines as they let bookshelf loot be more than paper. It was something more than just Perk books and Crafting books.

That said, there are times when I am marking time waiting to get another X number of a magazine before I can make some sort of improvement. Sometimes that is... I'm not sure what word to pick ... 'demotivating?' ... and sometimes it isn't. I have to put something I'd like to be a priority on hold while I live life (raid POIs) enough to find 20 more books of some type. I can't say, for instance, since I want a motorcycle, I will prioritize learning about motorcycles as I don't really control what magazines drop. Sure, I can influence what magazines drop by my selection of Perks, but as a "Jack of All Trades" player, I'm usually advancing on several fronts: Food, Seeds, Armor, Bows, Clubs, and Vehicles and still wanting to address Pistols, Assault Weapons, Shotguns, and Rifles. But sometimes I just have to tell myself to work on something else and check back later. That isn't always what I want to hear.