Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

Much of this is a question of balance IMHO. In my SP game I have spread my perk points and do not search for magazines exclusively, but still my progress in crafting is mostly far better than the stuff I find in loot.  The only exception is the typical toilet pistol I found very early and a stun baton I wanted but didn't really specc into. Apart from that you don't find complete weapons in loot that would help you in any way. With your perked weapons you are definitely miles above anything you would loot.

That crafting is ahead is not a problem in itself, and TFP never will be able to balance it perfectly for all players. But at the moment the balance is just too far out of whack. You don't have a choice between looting or crafting or buying your weapons, the choice is only between crafting and buying.

The good news though is that trader and crafting may be relatively well balanced now.

One of the biggest problems are the mailboxes/newsstands who give magazines too often and the magazine reward bundles with 6 magazines. The other problem is that higher perks do not give diminishing results with the magazine boost making the "secret" strategy to push your weapon perk and nothing else just too effective.

But again, this is balance and can be corrected with relatively small changes, it does not need a complete overhaul that will never happen (guaranteed).

meganoth

meganoth

Much of this is a question of balance IMHO. In my SP game I have spread my perk points and do not search for magazines exclusively, but still my progress in crafting is mostly far better than the stuff I find in loot.  The only exception is the typical toilet pistol I found very early and a stun baton I wanted but didn't really specc into. Apart from that you don't find complete weapons in loot that would help you in any way. With your perked weapons you are definitely miles above anything you would loot.

That crafting is ahead is not a problem in itself, and TFP never will be able to balance it perfectly for all players. But at the moment the balance is just too far out of whack. You don't have a choice between looting or crafting or buying your weapons, the choice is only between crafting and buying.

One of the biggest problems are the mailboxes/newsstands who give magazines too often and the magazine reward bundles with 6 magazines. The other problem is that higher perks do not give diminishing results with the magazine boost making the "secret" strategy to push your weapon perk and nothing else just too effective.

But again, this is balance and can be corrected with relatively small changes, it does not need a complete overhaul that will never happen (guaranteed).

meganoth

meganoth

meganoth

meganoth

That crafting is ahead is not a problem in itself, TFP never will be able to balance that perfectly. But at the moment the balance is just too far out of whack. One of the biggest problems are the mailboxes/newsstands who give magazines too often and the magazine reward bundles with 6 magazines. The other problem is that higher perks do not give diminishing results with the magazine boost making the "secret" strategy to push your weapon perk and nothing else just too effective.