Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

12 minutes ago, Javabean867 said:

Meh, learn by doing sucks.

In all seriousness the only thing I miss is randomly finding high end gear in early game.

Yeah, I probably wouldn't have anywhere near the number of hours in this game is it still had LBD.  Very happy that isn't in the game anymore. 

All in all, if you play the game in a min/max style, you are going to probably find all kinds of things you don't like.  If you just play the game and don't worry about getting everything ASAP, it plays very well.  For me, I don't enjoy the early game because it is the exact same every game... Run everywhere, hit zombies many times before they are dead, hit trees and ore many times to get resources, slowly get enough resources to build a tiny base.  Repeat until you have a bike and better tools.  Only I've I have decent tools and can get resources easily and move about the map quickly do I really start to enjoy the game and it is no longer quite so repetitive to me.  So I don't like the changes that slow down progression.  If you want games to last longer, don't slow down progression.  Instead, add more things to do in the late game.

Riamus

Riamus

2 minutes ago, Javabean867 said:

Meh, learn by doing sucks.

In all seriousness the only thing I miss is randomly finding high end gear in early game.

Yeah, I probably wouldn't have anywhere near the number of hours in this game is it still had LBD.  Very happy that isn't in the game anymore. 

All in all, if you play the game in a min/max style, you are going to probably find all kinds of things you don't like.  If you just play the game and don't worry about getting everything ASAP, it plays very well.  For me, I don't about the early game because it is the exact same every game... Run everywhere, hit movies many times before they are dead, hit trees and ore many times to get resources, slowly get enough resources to build a tiny base.  Repeat until you have a bike and better tools.  Only I've I have decent tools and can get resources easily and move about the mail quickly so I really start to enjoy the game and it is not longer quite so repetitive to me.  So I don't like the changes that show down progression.  If you want games to last longer, won't show down progression.  Instead, add more things to do in the late game.