Console edition - blurry/low quality/low resolution

I played the game on PS5 last night, and noticed that everything further away than about 10 feet looks like it's covered in a layer of a slight blur effect, or running at a terribly low resolution. It's nothing like the crisp quality I get on my pc, even at lower quality settings, and it's a bit disorienting to look at. The consoles it's released on have the hardware to run the game at much better quality/resolution than it currently is. Right now, it almost gives me a headache because it's like looking at things without my glasses on, and it causes my eyes to strain to try to see things more clearly. 

Is it supposed to be this way? I noticed that some players who've posted gameplay to YouTube don't seem to have the same low quality/blur issue, and it leaves me wondering if this is a bug or if they're using other console settings or editing to make it look more clear. 

Another detail is that everything blurs slightly when I'm moving, even after turning off motion blur, which makes things in the distance even harder to see properly. 

I've posted pictures for comparison. 

PC1.jpg

PC2.jpg

PS51.jpg

PS52.jpg

Edited by Camiracundus
Added additional details to description and headline. (see edit history)

I had the same issue I even opened up my ps4 version just to compare and it honestly looked better in terms of clarity. I swear something was wrong with my eyes at the time.

6 hours ago, 3pete said:

I had the same issue I even opened up my ps4 version just to compare and it honestly looked better in terms of clarity. I swear something was wrong with my eyes at the time.

Right? I almost thought my TV was on the frizz or something, but when I switched to another game, the quality went back to 4k.

I really hope they plan to fix this; the consoles it's released on have the hardware to run it at much higher qualities than what it currently is. 

I won't be able to play the game much if I get a headache after an hour or two because my eyes keep straining. 

Glad I'm not the only one. I've seen other players clips and YouTube videos and they don't seem to have the same issue, or at least don't mind it. It feels like I'm playing without my contacts lol. I've tried lowering the resolution on my monitor, activating HDR, and nothing has helped. Hope they address this if they haven't already. 

• Camiracundus changed the title to Console edition - blurry/low quality/low resolution
13 hours ago, lwasnumber1 said:

On xbox version there is a motion blur setting, no clue if any of you seenit.

Of course. And as my post states, it's already been turned off, but it still looks absolutely terrible - and things still blur further when moving. 

9 hours ago, RGxGhost said:

mine looks awful too. playing on ps5 and a samsung 65” 4k 120hz 

It's the same for me. The quality is hot garbage right now, no matter the settings in the game, on the console, or the TV. And our consoles definitely can run it at better qualities than the game is right now; just look at other games like Destiny, God of War, Red Dead Redemption etc - those were all released for old gen consoles and still look a million times better than 7 days does. Even the pc version, on lowest settings, look better than this. 

Could also be TAA that makes it look so ugly; not an issue on pc where you can adjust many more settings or using reshade mods to fix it, but on console, we're SOL for improving the quality ourselves, especially considering we don't have a setting for adjusting quality, resolution or sharpness, which can help lessen the blur from TAA. 

Or maybe, it's chromatic aberration. In any case, it's almost an accessibility issue for many at this point; playing the console edition gives us physical symptoms of discomfort, and this simply can't stand. 

And what worries me is that we have heard nothing from TFP on any platform or site where this complaint has been mentioned and boosted by likes and comments hundreds of times in the first few days after release. That may mean that they have no intention of fixing this. 

I affirm that the issue of 'blur' is present beyond our character's grasp, and the writing is incomprehensible at 2 meters.

I'm posting this comment in addition to yours to bring the issue to the devlopeur's attention.

Especially when I observe the number of players/youtubers who don't take into account the problem yet visible in their clips.

4 minutes ago, Golden29Elite said:

I affirm that the issue of 'blur' is present beyond our character's grasp, and the writing is incomprehensible at 2 meters.

I'm posting this comment in addition to yours to bring the issue to the devlopeur's attention.

Especially when I observe the number of players/youtubers who don't take into account the problem yet visible in their clips.

Thank you! Hopefully your comment, and others, will let this issue gain some traction. 

Bumping again. Still no response from the devs anywhere about looking into or fixing this; all they seem to be doing is bragging about record high player numbers on their social media pages while ignoring said players issues with the game. 

On 8/1/2024 at 12:33 AM, Camiracundus said:

Still no response from any admins or devs. Bumping. 

Sound like 2016.... No longer tell tale to blame. For me the stuttering freezing is more annoying that graphics but I feel you