Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

22 minutes ago, InfiniteWarrior said:

That's why I think none of it should be. Just let RWG be the "freeplay" mode everyone will go for once finished with story mode because I very much doubt there's a way to allow every player on a team to go through the dialogue with NPCs, especially if their are different choices and consequences to that dialogue. (And if there isn't, it won't be a RPG, afic.)

I'd be using Jedi Outcast as a template of inspiration for SP vs MP gameplay rather than Fallout 76 or similar were I TFP. I get he impression they want to get in on the "in-game store"...stuff...that has driven most of us away from the triple As and I sincerely hope they don't, but the game is not a MMO per how users connect with one another on community run servers as opposed to a central server.

I don't think there will be much ado with choices, dialogues or consequences. Roland often tried to curb any expectations that the story would be anything like in an RPG, or even MMO. And he listened in on developer conferences, he would know a lot more of their plans than anyone else here.

meganoth

meganoth

17 minutes ago, InfiniteWarrior said:

That's why I think none of it should be. Just let RWG be the "freeplay" mode everyone will go for once finished with story mode because I very much doubt there's a way to allow every player on a team to go through the dialogue with NPCs, especially if their are different choices and consequences to that dialogue. (And if there isn't, it won't be a RPG, afic.)

I'd be using Jedi Outcast as a template of inspiration for SP vs MP gameplay rather than Fallout 76 or similar were I TFP. I get he impression they want to get in on the "in-game store"...stuff...that has driven most of us away from the triple As and I sincerely hope they don't, but the game is not a MMO per how users connect with one another on community run servers as opposed to a central server.

I don't think there will be much ado with choices, dialogues or consequences. Roland often tried to curb any expectations that the story would be anything like in an RPG, or even MMO. And he sat on developer conferences, he would know a lot more of their plans than anyone else here.