Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

19 minutes ago, Verdigriss said:

There are multiple people here agreeing that dew collectors are a bad move, not 1.

And many who like the changes.  Don't forget that.  I like that jars are gone.  I want too happy with the original dress collectors, but the changes in 1.0 are really good.  They will never please everyone and stop there is no reason to try.  They will make the game how they want it and we, as players, have no "right" to have the game made the way we want.  We can make suggestions.  We can complain.  We can offer feedback.  But I'm the end, they will choose what works best from their end.  Developers don't ever have to listen to their players.  Many do, but usually only in very limited ways.  But they don't have to and they don't need to not do something just because some people don't want it.  Especially when some people will want it.

16 minutes ago, Verdigriss said:

The Devs scrapped TONS of features from the game that represented enormous amounts of work.

Wasps and their hives
UMA zombies
The Colossus zombie
Zip lines

They scrap stuff ALL THE TIME.  TFP could have made (and successfully sold) 7DTD 2 just from the features they cut from this game.

There is a difference.  Those were tried and, for the reason it another, failed.  Or were considered not good enough.  Or were placeholders until the game reached the end.  In order to make the game playable in early access (especially 10+ years ago) , they had to add stuff that could be done quickly and easily even if it wasn't the intended final product.

Maharin already have reasons why those were changed, so I won't get into them.  But there are trains and players rarely know what those are.  I didn't agree with everything they do, but I accept that it is their game and I'm just lucky enough to be able to play any version I want and with any mods I want.

Riamus

Riamus

13 minutes ago, Verdigriss said:

There are multiple people here agreeing that dew collectors are a bad move, not 1.

And many who like the changes.  Don't forget that.  I like that jars are gone.  I want too happy with the original dress collectors, but the changes in 1.0 are really good.  They will never please everyone and stop there is no reason to try.  They will make the game how they want it and we, as players, have no "right" to have the game made the way we want.  We can make suggestions.  We can complain.  We can offer feedback.  But I'm the end, they will choose what works best from their end.  Developers don't ever have to listen to their players.  Many do, but usually only in very limited ways.  But they don't have to and they don't need to not do something just because some people don't want it.  Especially when some people will want it.

Maharin already have reasons why those were changed, so I won't get into them.  But there are trains and players rarely know what those are.  I didn't agree with everything they do, but I accept that it is their game and I'm just lucky enough to be able to play any version I want and with any mods I want.

10 minutes ago, Verdigriss said:

The Devs scrapped TONS of features from the game that represented enormous amounts of work.

Wasps and their hives
UMA zombies
The Colossus zombie
Zip lines

They scrap stuff ALL THE TIME.  TFP could have made (and successfully sold) 7DTD 2 just from the features they cut from this game.

There is a difference.  Those were tried and, for the reason it another, failed.  Or were considered not good enough.  Or were placeholders until the game reached the end.  In order to make the game playable in early access (especially 10+ years ago) , they had to add stuff that could be done quickly and easily even if it wasn't the intended final product.