Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

22 hours ago, omegaflames said:

A Scout is:

TRUSTWORTHY. Tell the truth and keep promises. People can depend on you.

It is dishonest of you to imply that I called him stupid out of the blue. As I pointed out earlier to him and now again to you, he asked if he was stupid for defending the devs retarted decision to tell people they can't drink river/lake water. If he didn't want to know my opinion on his level of mental capacity then he should not have asked me. I did not volunteer that opinion, he asked it of me and I gave him an honest answer. Meganoth has spent years lying to people and gas lighting them by ignoring people's well reasoned complaints about certain aspects of and changes to the game.

The question was a rhethorical question, a polite answer would have been to say that you disagree and why. Because it is impolite to say that to someone else, especially in a discussion. You might say "Oh man, I am an idiot" when you make a mistake, but it is impolite if you say that to some stranger, even if he did a mistake. Now I don't mind much that you still answered the question, but you really should start talking about the game instead of discussing what you think about specific people on the forum.

Hint: You can ignore people that get on your nerves, including me. Instead of talking about them.

22 hours ago, omegaflames said:

It's an obvious lie that this is about limiting glue since the easiest method of limiting people's access to glue is to both reduce the drop rate and change the recipe. Instead of glue only requiring 1 clean water it could require 10 or 20 or even 100 and that would have given them the same level of reduction that removing river/lake water did while being not only easier to code but also having no impact on the several other things water is also used for.

But what would that change if water was unlimited? If 1 glue needs 1 water, I would go to the lake with 50 empty bottles and with one swoop had enough water for 50 glue. If glue needs 10 water I would go to the lake with 500 empty bottles and with one swoop would have enough water for 50 glue. The only difference is the crafting cost for the bottles.

Is that good for the game balance? STR is already the easiest most powerful attribute, this would boost it even more as the miner would have by far the lowest crafting cost and all others would have to mine longer, at the start of the game but also later when a larger amount of their small supply of sand needs to be used for bottle crafting instead of concrete.

Your idea is definitely an alternative to the solution TFP implemented. Both would limit glue. But almost all solutions have advantages (more realism for example, easier to implement) and disadvantages (balance, still empty bottles in the game, limiting through mining grind). And TFP has said one of their motives for choosing their solution was to remove those empty bottles altogether. I am just the messenger here. This was officially said by TFP and lots of people here on the forum have read that as well.

TFP surely had multiple options to go forward. And they decided they liked the one with dew collectors the best, especially since one of their objectives was to remove emtpy bottles (again, officially said, I am only repeating that). Both their and your solution limit glue production. That your method would be easier to implement is just one factor, sometimes people do not choose the easiest solution. Sometimes they choose the one that they like the most.

meganoth

meganoth

20 hours ago, omegaflames said:

A Scout is:

It is dishonest of you to imply that I called him stupid out of the blue. As I pointed out earlier to him and now again to you, he asked if he was stupid for defending the devs retarted decision to tell people they can't drink river/lake water. If he didn't want to know my opinion on his level of mental capacity then he should not have asked me. I did not volunteer that opinion, he asked it of me and I gave him an honest answer. Meganoth has spent years lying to people and gas lighting them by ignoring people's well reasoned complaints about certain aspects of and changes to the game.

The question was a rhethorical question, a polite answer would have been to say that you disagree and why. Because it is impolite to say that to someone else, especially in a discussion. You might say "Oh man, I am an idiot" when you make a mistake, but it is impolite if you say that to some stranger, even if he did a mistake. Now I don't mind much that you still answered the question, but you really should start talking about the game instead of discussing what you think about specific people on the forum.

Hint: You can ignore people that get on your nerves, including me.

It's an obvious lie that this is about limiting glue since the easiest method of limiting people's access to glue is to both reduce the drop rate and change the recipe. Instead of glue only requiring 1 clean water it could require 10 or 20 or even 100 and that would have given them the same level of reduction that removing river/lake water did while being not only easier to code but also having no impact on the several other things water is also used for.

But what would that change if water was unlimited? If 1 glue needs 1 water, I would go to the lake with 50 empty bottles and with one swoop had enough water for 50 glue. If glue needs 10 water I would go to the lake with 500 empty bottles and with one swoop would have enough water for 50 glue. The only difference is the crafting cost for the bottles.

Is that good for the game balance? STR is already the easiest most powerful attribute, this would boost it even more as the miner would have by far the lowest crafting cost and all others would have to mine longer, at the start of the game but also later when a larger amount of their small supply of sand needs to be used for bottle crafting instead of concrete.

Your idea is definitely an alternative to the solution TFP implemented. Both would limit glue. But almost all solutions have advantages (more realism for example, easier to implement) and disadvantages (balance, still empty bottles in the game, limiting through mining grind). And TFP has said one of their motives for choosing their solution was to remove those empty bottles altogether. I am just the messenger here. This was officially said by TFP and lots of people here on the forum have read that as well.

TFP surely had multiple options to go forward. And they decided they liked the one with dew collectors the best, especially since one of their objectives was to remove emtpy bottles (again, officially said, I am only repeating that). Both their and your solution limit glue production. That your method would be easier to implement is just one factor, sometimes people do not choose the easiest solution. Sometimes they choose the one that they like the most.

meganoth

meganoth

A Scout is:

Is that good for the game balance? STR is already the easiest most powerful attribute, this would boost it even more as the miner would have by far the lowest crafting cost and all others would either have to mine longer, at the start of the game but also later when the relatively smaller supply of sand they need for concrete needs also to be put into bottle crafting.

meganoth

meganoth

18 hours ago, omegaflames said:

A Scout is:

The question was a rhethorical question, a polite answer would have been to say that you disagree and why. Because it is impolite to say that to someone else, especially in a discussion. You might say "Oh man, I am an idiot" when you make a mistake, but it is impolite if you say that to some stranger, even if he did a mistake. Now I don't mind much that you still answered the question, but if you really should talk about the game instead of discussing what you think about specific people on the forum.

19 hours ago, omegaflames said:

Is that good for the game balance? STR is already the easiest most powerful attribute, this would boost it even more as the miner would have by far the lowest crafting cost and all others would either have to mine longer, at the start of the game but also later when the relatively smaller supply of sand they need for concrete needs also to be put into bottle crafting.