Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

2 hours ago, omegaflames said:

A Scout is:

TRUSTWORTHY. Tell the truth and keep promises. People can depend on you.

It is dishonest of you to imply that I called him stupid out of the blue. As I pointed out earlier to him and now again to you, he asked if he was stupid for defending the devs retarted decision to tell people they can't drink river/lake water. If he didn't want to know my opinion on his level of mental capacity then he should not have asked me. I did not volunteer that opinion, he asked it of me and I gave him an honest answer. Meganoth has spent years lying to people and gas lighting them by ignoring people's well reasoned complaints about certain aspects of and changes to the game.

It's an obvious lie that this is about limiting glue since the easiest method of limiting people's access to glue is to both reduce the drop rate and change the recipe. Instead of glue only requiring 1 clean water it could require 10 or 20 or even 100 and that would have given them the same level of reduction that removing river/lake water did while being not only easier to code but also having no impact on the several other things water is also used for.

Edit: As a side note has anyone noticed those who are the most vocal about supporting such a dumb change are no lifers who forum warrior all day long? Riamus has an average of 4.6 posts per day in the just under 2 years he's been on the forums. BFT2020 has an average of 10.5 posts per day in the just under 4 years he's been on the forums. Yall need to go touch some grass, and no the grass in Navezgane does not count.

And have you bother to look at my posts?  I complain about things often.  Lately, it has been the bad choice to restrict traders by biomes.  Just because someone visits the forum and posts doesn't make their opinions any less valid than yours.  Besides, probably half my posts are answering questions and helping people.  It is also extremely easy to spend 5-10 minutes responding to various posts and have 5 posts in that short time.  If the best you can do is call names and ridicule people for their opinions, you have a lot worse problems than someone who actually has no life.

You should also understand basic cause and effect.  If someone hates the game, they might make one post and leave.  Some might make 10-20 if they want to respond to people.  A few might really want to bash the game and might post 100 times.  After that, they are gone.  If someone really likes the game and wants to answer questions and help out (and support the game), they'll post a lot more.  This will always make people who like a game post more than people who do not.  This isn't always the case, of course.  This game has been around for over 10 years and has changed a lot.  People who loved the game in the early alphas may have posted a lot back then but hate it today.  Even so, yes, people with a lot of posts are pretty much going to be the ones who like the game a lot (either now or on the past).  Nothing wrong with that. 

This whole "only my opinion matters and anyone disagreeing is dumb" nonsense we have been seeing lately is just childish behavior.

You taking the time to calculate number of posts per day shows more of a lack of life than responding to questions on a forum, btw.

Riamus

Riamus

A Scout is:

It is dishonest of you to imply that I called him stupid out of the blue. As I pointed out earlier to him and now again to you, he asked if he was stupid for defending the devs retarted decision to tell people they can't drink river/lake water. If he didn't want to know my opinion on his level of mental capacity then he should not have asked me. I did not volunteer that opinion, he asked it of me and I gave him an honest answer. Meganoth has spent years lying to people and gas lighting them by ignoring people's well reasoned complaints about certain aspects of and changes to the game.

It's an obvious lie that this is about limiting glue since the easiest method of limiting people's access to glue is to both reduce the drop rate and change the recipe. Instead of glue only requiring 1 clean water it could require 10 or 20 or even 100 and that would have given them the same level of reduction that removing river/lake water did while being not only easier to code but also having no impact on the several other things water is also used for.

Edit: As a side note has anyone noticed those who are the most vocal about supporting such a dumb change are no lifers who forum warrior all day long? Riamus has an average of 4.6 posts per day in the just under 2 years he's been on the forums. BFT2020 has an average of 10.5 posts per day in the just under 4 years he's been on the forums. Yall need to go touch some grass, and no the grass in Navezgane does not count.

And have you bother to look at my posts?  I complain about things often.  Lately, it has been the bad choice to restrict traders by biomes.  Just because someone visits the forum and posts doesn't make their opinions any less valid than yours.  Besides, probably half my posts are answering questions and helping people.  It is also extremely easy to spend 5-10 minutes responding to various posts and have 5 posts in that short time.  If the best you can do is call names and ridicule people for their opinions, you have a lot worse problems than someone who actually has no life.

You should also understand basic cause and effect.  If someone hates the game, they might make one post and leave.  Some might make 10-20 if they want to respond to people.  A few might really want to bash the game and might post 100 times.  After that, they are gone.  If someone really likes the game and wants to answer questions and help out (and support the game), they'll post a lot more.  This will always make people who like a game post more than people who do not.  This isn't always the case, of course.  This game has been around for over 10 years and has changed a lot.  People who loved the game in the early alphas may have posted a lot back then but hate it today.  Even so, yes, people with a lot of posts are pretty much going to be the ones who like the game a lot (either now or on the past).  Nothing wrong with that. 

This whole "only my opinion matters and anyone disagreeing is dumb" nonsense we have been seeing lately is just childish behavior.

Riamus

Riamus

A Scout is: