Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

48 minutes ago, omegaflames said:

I never said he had to bash the devs, but he doesn't have to defend the water thing to be a moderator. I went to Boy Scouts as a kid (before it became @%$# scouts) and earned the Eagle Scout Award. If in real life I built a base beside a lake/river, had fire, and something to hold the water so I could boil it (I don't maybe something like a cooking pot....) I would not be able to not have infinite drinking water. I would have to make a conscious desicion to suicide myself for that to happen. Everyone that came up with and defends this decision deserves every bit of ire we have been giving them because of how utterly stupid it is and as you can see Meganoth is one of those people. Personally I think this has less to do with glue and more to do with them not being able to fix all the bugs they had with the water voxels and decided this "feature" was a better idea than just admiting publicly they can't figure water. I could respect someone running into bugs that they simply aren't knowledgable enough to fix. I can not respect someone thinking I can't drink river water.

You can think what you like, but then the developers are either lying or are stupid as well because they said the changes were partly to get rid of glass jars AND make water a commodity that is not unlimited.

You really have to understand that this game does not try to be a simulation. The developers have said multiple times that gameplay trumps realism when they design this game. You can disagree but calling everyone stupid just because they think likewise and disagree with your viewpoint is very narrowminded.

This game has a lot of features that are absolutely impossible in real life and they are there because, again, gameplay trumps realism: You can carry hundreds of tons, including complete vehicles in your inventory, you can hop on blocks you have placed while jumping, your bullets make more damage when you are better trained, at blood moon several laws of physics are violated, you never need to go to the toilet or sleep, workstations craft while you are away. Probably all things you accept, but I am stupid when I defend a similar concept that likewise makes gameplay better in my view?

meganoth

meganoth

47 minutes ago, omegaflames said:

I never said he had to bash the devs, but he doesn't have to defend the water thing to be a moderator. I went to Boy Scouts as a kid (before it became @%$# scouts) and earned the Eagle Scout Award. If in real life I built a base beside a lake/river, had fire, and something to hold the water so I could boil it (I don't maybe something like a cooking pot....) I would not be able to not have infinite drinking water. I would have to make a conscious desicion to suicide myself for that to happen. Everyone that came up with and defends this decision deserves every bit of ire we have been giving them because of how utterly stupid it is and as you can see Meganoth is one of those people. Personally I think this has less to do with glue and more to do with them not being able to fix all the bugs they had with the water voxels and decided this "feature" was a better idea than just admiting publicly they can't figure water. I could respect someone running into bugs that they simply aren't knowledgable enough to fix. I can not respect someone thinking I can't drink river water.

You can think what you like, but then the developers are lying to us or stupid as well because they said the changes were partly to get rid of glass jars AND make water a commodity that is not unlimited.

You really have to understand that this game does not try to be a simulation. The developers have said multiple times that gameplay trumps realism when they design this game. You can disagree but calling everyone stupid just because they think likewise and disagree with your viewpoint is very narrowminded.

This game has a lot of features that are absolutely impossible in real life and they are there because, again, gameplay trumps realism: You can carry hundreds of tons, including complete vehicles in your inventory, you can hop on blocks you have placed while jumping, your bullets make more damage when you are better trained, at blood moon several laws of physics are violated, you never need to go to the toilet or sleep, workstations craft while you are away. Probably all things you accept, but I am stupid when I defend a similar concept that likewise makes gameplay better in my view?

meganoth

meganoth

45 minutes ago, omegaflames said:

You can think what you like, but then the developers are lying to us or stupid as well because they said the changes were partly to get rid of glass jars AND make water a commodity that is not unlimited.

This game has a lot of features that are absolutely impossible in real life and they are there because, again, gameplay trumps realism: You can carry hundreds of tons, including complete vehicles in your inventory, you can hop on blocks you have placed while jumping, your bullets make more damage when you are better trained, at blood moon several laws of physics are violated, you never need to go to the toilet or sleep. Probably all things you accept, but I am stupid when I defend a similar concept that likewise makes gameplay better in my view?

meganoth

meganoth

33 minutes ago, omegaflames said:

You can think what you like, but then the developers are lying to us because they said the changes were mostly to get rid of glass jars AND make water a commodity that is not unlimited.

This game has a lot of features that are absolutely impossible in real life and they are there because, again, gameplay trumps realism: You can carry hundreds of tons, including complete vehicles in your inventory, you can hop on blocks you have placed while jumping, your bullets make more damage when you are better trained, at blood moon several laws of physics are violated, you never need to go to the toilet or sleep. Probably all things you accept, but I am stupid when I defend a similar concept that likewise makes gameplay better in my view?