Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

22 hours ago, GhostlyTurtle said:

This is my favorite survival crafting game by far I have been playing this since I was a kid with my dad, I love this game I think it does so many things right I like the feel of looting and leveling, the fighting is overall pretty good and it just offers a fun and content packed experience that keeps you wanting more and lets you easily put 100s of hours even into just vanilla.

But, certain changes in the 1.0 have really confused me and have felt as if they are going backwards in some ways. I'm not one of those people that was angry about the game being in alpha for a long time I just saw that as more content, and the new dew collector and magazine system I don't mind either, and overall I am way more happy with the leveling and unlock system than I have ever been before. Most of these changes in recent updates have been very welcome to me or I understand the reasoning for them. Some of the 1.0 changes have just made the game less fun to me overall.

RWG was honestly not that bad before I think cutting in half generation time is great but locking traders to certain biomes and restricting the RWG so that all biomes must be created just seems pointless. I also don't really get why all large cities must be in wasteland it just restricts your map even more I can understand how the big cities would be the nuked places but why take away map creation options in an open world sandbox game. All of these things didn't exist before and RWG felt way more freeform and fun to make seeds out of but now every map will be virtually the same, big cities in wasteland towns everywhere else and every map is all biomes why not just add these changes to navezgane? why force into every map?

I have had trouble with freezing in this game before it just happens sometimes it wasn't that annoying I just dealt with it but since I have been playing 1.0 about every 10 times I open a menu my game freezes for about 5 seconds. This is no matter what quality I am on and whether I am playing with friends or not, I have no other problems in running the game in fact even on blood moons I get no low frames or anything of the sort so I am almost sure this is a game problem and not a computer one.

I also honestly think the progression has gotten a little quicker than I'd like I usually play on warrior in wastelands so I am aware that my game stage will progress a lot faster but I truly do not think even with lucky looter or perks in daring adventurer I should be getting any steel weapon or tool pre 1st blood moon. That just feels a bit too fast and yes I know min maxing makes it faster but I don't think any amount of min maxing should allow me to have the best version of any of my stuff before the first week is up that just straight up feels ridiculous.

On another note though I really like the new dew collector mods, I like the new armor system, the new gore system, and all the new tier 5s they've put in. I also think limiting traders was smart because they were a bit too op in the past, I still think they did a lot of good things in this update and I'm still overall happy with the game and will continue to play it, this is all just opinion and i just felt like the game was moving backwards in some ways which disappointed me a bit.

By any chance, is the game installed on HDD instead of SSD?  Or do you have under 16GB RAM?  These can affect freezing significantly.  You might be able to get more specific help with that part in the general support forum with a log file. 

Progression has actually been greatly reduced in both A21 and 1.0.  However, depending on your settings and how you play the game, progression can still be fast.  If you stick to the forest for the first week, it is unlikely you will get steel before the first blood moon, for example.  Other things also affect this.  Now, if you just mean that you can buy stuff from the trader early, then yes, I agree the trader inventory should be limited by game stage and not give end game stuff on day 1.

For RWG, I agree that the reading progression is not good.  I'm fine with that in Navesgane or even pregen maps, but random maps should either have that disabled or else it should be a game option.  The reason is that future story progression is tied to that, but we didn't have that sorry progression so it doesn't make sense.  And even with the story progression, random maps shouldn't have to be tied to the story.  You can adjust these in the rwgmixer file, though.  But trader progression will still be the same order even if they are in different biomes than default.

Riamus

Riamus

17 minutes ago, GhostlyTurtle said:

This is my favorite survival crafting game by far I have been playing this since I was a kid with my dad, I love this game I think it does so many things right I like the feel of looting and leveling, the fighting is overall pretty good and it just offers a fun and content packed experience that keeps you wanting more and lets you easily put 100s of hours even into just vanilla.

But, certain changes in the 1.0 have really confused me and have felt as if they are going backwards in some ways. I'm not one of those people that was angry about the game being in alpha for a long time I just saw that as more content, and the new dew collector and magazine system I don't mind either, and overall I am way more happy with the leveling and unlock system than I have ever been before. Most of these changes in recent updates have been very welcome to me or I understand the reasoning for them. Some of the 1.0 changes have just made the game less fun to me overall.

RWG was honestly not that bad before I think cutting in half generation time is great but locking traders to certain biomes and restricting the RWG so that all biomes must be created just seems pointless. I also don't really get why all large cities must be in wasteland it just restricts your map even more I can understand how the big cities would be the nuked places but why take away map creation options in an open world sandbox game. All of these things didn't exist before and RWG felt way more freeform and fun to make seeds out of but now every map will be virtually the same, big cities in wasteland towns everywhere else and every map is all biomes why not just add these changes to navezgane? why force into every map?

I have had trouble with freezing in this game before it just happens sometimes it wasn't that annoying I just dealt with it but since I have been playing 1.0 about every 10 times I open a menu my game freezes for about 5 seconds. This is no matter what quality I am on and whether I am playing with friends or not, I have no other problems in running the game in fact even on blood moons I get no low frames or anything of the sort so I am almost sure this is a game problem and not a computer one.

I also honestly think the progression has gotten a little quicker than I'd like I usually play on warrior in wastelands so I am aware that my game stage will progress a lot faster but I truly do not think even with lucky looter or perks in daring adventurer I should be getting any steel weapon or tool pre 1st blood moon. That just feels a bit too fast and yes I know min maxing makes it faster but I don't think any amount of min maxing should allow me to have the best version of any of my stuff before the first week is up that just straight up feels ridiculous.

On another note though I really like the new dew collector mods, I like the new armor system, the new gore system, and all the new tier 5s they've put in. I also think limiting traders was smart because they were a bit too op in the past, I still think they did a lot of good things in this update and I'm still overall happy with the game and will continue to play it, this is all just opinion and i just felt like the game was moving backwards in some ways which disappointed me a bit.

By any chance, is the game installed on HDD instead of SSD?  Or do you have under 16GB RAM?  These can affect freezing significantly.  You might be able to get more specific help with that part in the general support forum with a log file. 

Progression has actually been greatly reduced in both A21 and 1.0.  However, depending on your settings and how you play the game, progression can still be fast.  If you stick to the first for the first week, it is unlikely you will get steel before the first blood moon, for example.  Other things also affect this.  Now, if you just mean that you can buy stuff from the trader early, then yes, I agree the trader inventory should be limited by game stage and not give end game stuff on day 1.

For RWG, I agree that the reading progression is not good.  I'm fine with that in Navesgane or even pregen maps, but random maps should either have that disabled or else it should be a game option.  The reason is that future story progression is tied to that, but we didn't have that sorry progression so it doesn't make sense.  And even with the story progression, random maps shouldn't have to be tied to the story.  You can adjust these in the rwgmixer file, though.  But trader progression will still be the same order even if they are in different biomes than default.