Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

On 8/1/2024 at 10:57 PM, PoloPoPo said:

I'd even file a bug report if that wasn't so complicated and required whatever logs and 1000 way too much clicks. They even threaten to delete the report if I make a mistake. I mean, I pay for the game to playtest and report bugs for them for free and that's what they confront me with. There are also lots of translation flaws in German language. Let me make a topic where I can report them one by one with a screenshot and I'd do that for free. But create a bug report everytime I see a translation mistake... no thanks.

The problem are not the few players who know when a logfile would be necessary or not, the problem are the thousands of players who know very little about their hardware and software and post bugs without useful information and waste everyones time.

Multiply posting a round of questions and asking for a logfile times 50 and you find out how much time a developer at TFP probably would have to waste on those round trips alone per month. Where 45 of these bug reports would turn out to be user error like playing with outdated mods.

And actually, with your POI bug the logfile would probably be necessary as it includes the sequence of spawns in the POI. They could find out which zombie didn't spawn (if that were the problem) and maybe ways to reproduce this. Without logfile I don't know if they would even make an attempt to recreate the bug (which is a prerequisit to finding the bug) as it would take a lot more time "poking in the dark"

meganoth

meganoth

I'd even file a bug report if that wasn't so complicated and required whatever logs and 1000 way too much clicks. They even threaten to delete the report if I make a mistake. I mean, I pay for the game to playtest and report bugs for them for free and that's what they confront me with. There are also lots of translation flaws in German language. Let me make a topic where I can report them one by one with a screenshot and I'd do that for free. But create a bug report everytime I see a translation mistake... no thanks.

The problem are not the few players who know when a logfile would be necessary or not, the problem are the thousands of players who know very little about their hardware and software and post bugs without useful information and waste everyones time.

Multiply posting a round of questions and asking for a logfile times 50 and you find out how much time a developer at TFP probably would have to waste on those round trips alone per month. Where 45 of these bug reports would turn out to be user error like playing with outdated mods.

And actually, with your POI bug the logfile would probably be necessary as it includes the sequence of spawns in the POI. They could find out which zombie didn't spawn (if that were the problem) and maybe ways to reproduce this. Without logfile I don't know if they would make an attempt to recreate the bug (which is a prerequisit to finding the bug) as it would take a lot more time "poking in the dark"

meganoth

meganoth

And actually, with your POI bug the logfile would probably be necessary as it includes the sequence of spawns in the POI. They could find out which zombie didn't spawn (if that were the problem) and maybe ways to reproduce this. Without logfile I don't think they would even attempt to recreate the bug (which is a prerequisit to finding the bug) as it would take too much time "poking in the dark"

meganoth

meganoth

And actually, with your POI bug the logfile would probably be necessary as it includes the sequence of spawns in the POI. They could find out which zombie didn't spawn (if that were the problem) and maybe ways to reproduce this.

meganoth

meganoth

And actually, with your POI bug the logfile would probably be necessary as it includes the sequence of spawns in the POI. They could find out which zombie didn't spawn and maybe ways to reproduce this.

meganoth

meganoth